GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: December 10 18, 11:33 am 
bronoun enthusiast

Popeye_Card wrote:
Unless there is something fundamentally wrong about how Pelosi performs the job behind the scenes that we don't know about, I think keeping her in the Speaker role is the right move. She's already (unfairly) a lightning rod for conservatives--any new person they put in this role will become the same. She's fairly far left, but I think she does a fair job pushing through workable solutions.

More importantly I think Democrats need to start accepting Pelosi for the good work she does, instead of just joining with conservatives in tearing her down. She has a lower approval rating in exit polls than Donald Trump by a large margin. That's ridiculous.

She is unfairly maligned and it's unfortunate for her personally, but the obvious strategic move would be to move on from every democrat that was involved in the 1,000+ seats lost under the Obama admin. It might not be fair but sometimes your window closes and it's time to develop new leaders and a new direction for the sake of winning rather than necessarily being correct or fair.

PostPosted: December 11 18, 1:36 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Pelosi stood strong against the Orange tub of goo trying to use the presser-op to bully about The Wall. i.e..she wants an evidence-based discussion on border security.

Worth a watch, just to see creepy Pence squirming around.

PostPosted: December 11 18, 1:43 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Freed Roger wrote:
Pelosi stood strong against the Orange tub of goo trying to use the presser-op to bully about The Wall. i.e..she wants an evidence-based discussion on border security.

Worth a watch, just to see creepy Pence squirming around.

PostPosted: January 17 19, 9:25 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Shout out to Pelosi for dis-inviting POTUS to the floor of the House for the SOTU. I think this was a great power play to remind Trump that the POTUS is not a supreme leader but one of three branches, each with their own leadership and powers granted to balance the others. She's not going to afford him another hour-long special to make a plea to the American people for his stupid wall. She's also putting her foot down and telling him that Congress is no longer a formality for him to get through.

PostPosted: January 17 19, 9:36 am 

33anda3rd wrote:
Shout out to Pelosi for dis-inviting POTUS to the floor of the House for the SOTU. I think this was a great power play to remind Trump that the POTUS is not a supreme leader but one of three branches, each with their own leadership and powers granted to balance the others. She's not going to afford him another hour-long special to make a plea to the American people for his stupid wall. She's also putting her foot down and telling him that Congress is no longer a formality for him to get through.

Exactly. Thank you Pelosi

PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:03 pm 
99% conan clips

PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:45 pm 

I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about

PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:48 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Freed Roger wrote:
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about

Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.

PostPosted: January 17 19, 3:08 pm 
Hall Of Famer

Jocephus wrote:

No matter how low things seem to get, they continue to go lower.

Gross-out dares between 7th graders couldn't go lower.

Dozens regarding ya-mama couldn't go lower.

PostPosted: January 17 19, 4:29 pm 

mikechamp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.

SOTU at campaign rally wouldn't be the same show - obligatory network and radio coverage - guests (family of M-13 victims ) generals, Scotus, etc etc. and Pence and Pelosi as backdrop.

The oversees trip, not sure if that was the purpose, officially.
Could she convey that 22 month left message to NATO and allies without a trip. ? (please please not on a private server)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next