GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: December 10 18, 11:33 am 
Offline
bronoun enthusiast
User avatar

Joined: April 14 06, 10:45 pm
Posts: 28491
Location: extremely online
Popeye_Card wrote:
Unless there is something fundamentally wrong about how Pelosi performs the job behind the scenes that we don't know about, I think keeping her in the Speaker role is the right move. She's already (unfairly) a lightning rod for conservatives--any new person they put in this role will become the same. She's fairly far left, but I think she does a fair job pushing through workable solutions.

More importantly I think Democrats need to start accepting Pelosi for the good work she does, instead of just joining with conservatives in tearing her down. She has a lower approval rating in exit polls than Donald Trump by a large margin. That's ridiculous.

She is unfairly maligned and it's unfortunate for her personally, but the obvious strategic move would be to move on from every democrat that was involved in the 1,000+ seats lost under the Obama admin. It might not be fair but sometimes your window closes and it's time to develop new leaders and a new direction for the sake of winning rather than necessarily being correct or fair.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: December 11 18, 1:36 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24655
Location: St. Louis
Pelosi stood strong against the Orange tub of goo trying to use the presser-op to bully about The Wall. i.e..she wants an evidence-based discussion on border security.

Worth a watch, just to see creepy Pence squirming around.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: December 11 18, 1:43 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: October 12 06, 2:21 pm
Posts: 17071
Location: Baseball Ref Bullpen
Freed Roger wrote:
Pelosi stood strong against the Orange tub of goo trying to use the presser-op to bully about The Wall. i.e..she wants an evidence-based discussion on border security.

Worth a watch, just to see creepy Pence squirming around.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 9:25 am 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7722
Location: Chicago, IL
Shout out to Pelosi for dis-inviting POTUS to the floor of the House for the SOTU. I think this was a great power play to remind Trump that the POTUS is not a supreme leader but one of three branches, each with their own leadership and powers granted to balance the others. She's not going to afford him another hour-long special to make a plea to the American people for his stupid wall. She's also putting her foot down and telling him that Congress is no longer a formality for him to get through.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 9:36 am 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24655
Location: St. Louis
33anda3rd wrote:
Shout out to Pelosi for dis-inviting POTUS to the floor of the House for the SOTU. I think this was a great power play to remind Trump that the POTUS is not a supreme leader but one of three branches, each with their own leadership and powers granted to balance the others. She's not going to afford him another hour-long special to make a plea to the American people for his stupid wall. She's also putting her foot down and telling him that Congress is no longer a formality for him to get through.

Exactly. Thank you Pelosi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:03 pm 
Offline
99% conan clips
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 5:14 pm
Posts: 55566




Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:45 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24655
Location: St. Louis
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 2:48 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 17 06, 5:05 pm
Posts: 6936
Location: Southwestern Illinois
Freed Roger wrote:
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about


Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 3:08 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: April 25 06, 9:48 am
Posts: 10752
Location: Appleton, WI
Jocephus wrote:




No matter how low things seem to get, they continue to go lower.

Gross-out dares between 7th graders couldn't go lower.

Dozens regarding ya-mama couldn't go lower.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Nancy Pelosi
PostPosted: January 17 19, 4:29 pm 
Offline
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joined: September 4 07, 1:48 pm
Posts: 24655
Location: St. Louis
mikechamp wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
I would take that trade off of no Trump Fascist Racist SOU, for whatever Pelosi's trip was about


Couldn't Trump just deliver the SOTU at a campaign rally? There's nothing requiring him to give it in Congress, is there?

If the above is true, then yes, I'd want Pelosi reassuring allies abroad that we as a country haven't jumped off the deep end, and that a presidential election is less than 22 months away.

SOTU at campaign rally wouldn't be the same show - obligatory network and radio coverage - guests (family of M-13 victims ) generals, Scotus, etc etc. and Pence and Pelosi as backdrop.

The oversees trip, not sure if that was the purpose, officially.
Could she convey that 22 month left message to NATO and allies without a trip. ? (please please not on a private server)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: GeddyWrox, Swirls and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group