Machado

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Re: Machado

Post by letsgocards89 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:Our attendance means less than ever wrt making money.
That's true, the TV money is massive and guaranteed. But it is a less than zero impact to their bottom line and to their pride.

MrCrowesGarden
'Burb Boy

Post by MrCrowesGarden »

To the pride more than the bottom line, I think.

It's not a uniquely Cardinals issue, but they specifically stand to be much more profitable at their upper 80s projection and hoping for the best than trying for more.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:To the pride more than the bottom line, I think.

It's not a uniquely Cardinals issue, but they specifically stand to be much more profitable at their upper 80s projection and hoping for the best than trying for more.
I wish I could tell you that you're wrong but that's precisely the issue. I think they've realized that they can't shoot for 88 wins and get the WC so now they're shooting for 92. They have the same projection numbers, if not better, than we do. They're projected ahead of the Brewers and behind the Cubs and that's their sweet spot. Hence, no interest at all in Machado or Harper.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

“behind the Cubs” and “sweet spot” should never be used in the same sentence.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Radbird wrote:“behind the Cubs” and “sweet spot” should never be used in the same sentence.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Radbird wrote:“behind the Cubs” and “sweet spot” should never be used in the same sentence.

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Cronos wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:

NOT THAT THERE'S ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT

Not at all. I'd get in between that.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
The most striking take from Lozano's message is that he hires interns who know the meaning of big words like regurgitate, but know nothing about semicolon usage.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Andy Martino of SNY.tv reports that the White Sox have discussed a deal with Manny Machado that would allow the team to exercise an option after year three that would trigger club control for an eighth or ninth year.
If the White Sox declined to exercise that option, Machado would have the opportunity to opt out of the deal after 2021. It's a similar contract stipulation that Yusei Kikuchi and Zach Britton agreed to, although with Machado it would obviously be on a much larger scale. All three players are clients of Scott Boras, who has referred to the unique contracts as a "swellopt" (meaning it's a "swell" option for both sides). Martino believes that if Machado might be amendable to this type of contract, it's possible the Yankees could jump back into the bidding.
Related: White Sox, Yankees
Source: SNY.tv
Jan 18 - 9:38 AM

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

i guess thats the huge difference between stl media and new york media. Would a STL reporter ever write "it's possible the cardinals could jump back into bidding"?