Getting into shape

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: Getting into shape

Post by Michael »

What's wrong with red meat? It's nutritious and filling.

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

Michael wrote:What's wrong with red meat? It's nutritious and filling.
Because that's how I did it before. It makes me feel pretty crappy and I still have a little carnivore diet ptsd from when I did that on a dare somewhat recently.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

haltz wrote:
No dairy, no sugar, no potatoes, no red meat, no processed flour, no fruit, and zero liquid calories. 2,000 calories max/day. Tim, you in?
No chance.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Self-help Post for my own reminder:
It is tough when I don't get the results/feedback I like in a decent amount of time. Was up about 10 lbs since late October and spent since XMas , generally trying to beat it back to no avail. Doubled down, not eating until lunch time (awful snowpiercer/protein bar). No beer on weekdays. A week of that and still nothing.

Then last few days, finally, finally starting to shed the lbs. Tide has turned. It is like I have control again.

Important to know yourself, be objective and know when to drive on and/or troubleshoot and try something different.. Sometimes you need help with this objectivity.

That is just the weight side of things. As a longtime runner I get a lot of feedback and data.... I know how well I have done certain runs before. I currently am frustrated by the feedback...slow and tired for the percieved effort level. Am I hurt? Why waste my time if no progress?

Have to remind myself of what I pointed out above -be objective, remember not all progress is linear. Other factors at play besides effort - (weather, donated blood recently, working on strength at gym recently has my legs tired for runs)

plus, have been here before -where just about ready to scrap my approach and good things happen.

Also, as I get older, reminder that staying even IS progress.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I'm finally getting back into an exercise routine. Still having trouble with diet discipline (both what and how much I eat) but working on it.

One step at a time....

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

haltz wrote:
Michael wrote:What's wrong with red meat? It's nutritious and filling.
Because that's how I did it before. It makes me feel pretty crappy and I still have a little carnivore diet ptsd from when I did that on a dare somewhat recently.
I posted my comment because I think fatty meats have gotten a bit of an unfair rep in the last 40 years. Particularly if you have good cholesterol.

Michael wrote:I literally started on Keto last Tuesday. Yesterday I decided to switch to Atkins, but they are vary similar. It's early, but I don't think I'll ever go back to the low fat diet I used to do.
When I posted this back in April my goal was to get my weight of 235 down to 185. This week I've been comfortably in the 184's. Now that I've hit my initial goal I've got a new one - 175ish. I have a fairly modest goal of 2 pounds a month so getting there shouldn't be a huge struggle.

I feel great and this low carb diet has been a relative breeze. Many thanks to everyone in this thread!
Last edited by Michael on January 18 19, 2:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Michael wrote:
Michael wrote:I literally started on Keto last Tuesday. Yesterday I decided to switch to Atkins, but they are vary similar. It's early, but I don't think I'll ever go back to the low fat diet I used to do.
When I posted this back in April my goal was to get my weight of 235 down to 185. This week I've been comfortably in the 184's. Now that I've hit my initial goal I've got a new one - 175ish. I have a fairly modest goal of 2 pounds a month so getting there shouldn't be a huge struggle.

I feel great and this low carb diet has been a relative breeze. Many thanks to everyone in this thread!
Dude. Awesome

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

congrats former ruler of universe michael

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Dammit, success stories mean I could do it too. Well done though Michael.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

1-20-19 196.8 again

Time to mix it up