The unpopular opinion thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Michael
GRB Founder

Re: The unpopular opinion thread

Post by Michael »

TGantz wrote:I'm going to Vegas soon and I'm kind of dreading it. Bachelor party, which will be fun, but I don't like getting hammered out of my comfort zone
Go to a dispensary.

TGantz
R-E-S-P-E-C-T...What Dr Pepper Means to Me

Post by TGantz »

Michael wrote:
TGantz wrote:I'm going to Vegas soon and I'm kind of dreading it. Bachelor party, which will be fun, but I don't like getting hammered out of my comfort zone
Go to a dispensary.
Touche

Spider John
Hall Of Famer

Post by Spider John »

Tim wrote:Buffalo wings are too much work for very little payoff
I don't like to work for my food either, be it boiled shrimp, craw fish, or crab legs.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Seafood in general is not very good. It doesn't even smell good.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

IMADreamer wrote:Seafood in general is not very good. It doesn't even smell good.
W
T
F

If I had to pick one food “type” to eat, it’d def be seafood. Crab legs esp

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

IMADreamer wrote:Seafood in general is not very good. It doesn't even smell good.
I agree with this because suddenly out of nowhere I developed an allergy to shellfish.

Don’t even miss it though. And now I wonder what was even so appealing.

Could be moved to the overrated thread as well

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

go birds wrote:
I agree with this because suddenly out of nowhere I developed an allergy to shellfish.

Don’t even miss it though. And now I wonder what was even so appealing.

Could be moved to the overrated thread as well
I think the appeal is in the incredible deliciousness.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

The best seafood comes in a can

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

In like 20+ years, the Wachowskis are going to be looked back on as visionary filmmakers. Here is why I say that:
[SHOW]
The Matrix I is already recognized as a landmark. The Matrix II is a notch below the first one and very underappreciated. The Matrix III is fine but the weakest of the 3. Then there is The Animatrix which is also already viewed as very good to excellent by most critics. But their films after all the Matrix stuff are extremely underrated:
- V for Vendetta is already a cult classic. The Guy Fawkes mask is now a symbol of protest around the world.
- I finally watched Speed Racer recently, and it was much better than I expected. I am not sure why Speed Racer was panned so widely. I am someone who was familiar with the franchise from old MTV airings, and I enjoyed the movie. It had a decent plot with a nice twist, IMO. This is my unpopular opinion so whatever.
- Cloud Atlas. I am biased to Cloud Atlas because I read and loved the book. I was not sure if I liked the movie the first time I saw it. After I watched it a second time I picked up on a ton of details I missed, and the ending hit me so hard I damn near cried. I've now watched Cloud Atlas like 10 times and I still pick up different things I missed in previous viewings, there is so much going on. Don't get me wrong, there are things I'd change about the movie. It is not perfect. But I know I'm not crazy because Roger Ebert saw a lot of what I see in it. I think the Wachowskis' legacy will probably hinge on how Cloud Atlas is viewed years from now, but I think it is destined to become a cult classic, like V for Vendetta.
- Jupiter Ascending is their weakest film. It got written off largely because the first 15-20 minutes are so laughably awful. If you can get past that, and get to the real meat of the story they wanted to tell, it gets better. Still not a great movie, but better than the reviews that treated the entire movie like the first 15-20 minutes.
- I also watched most of their Netflix series Sens8. The first 4 or so episodes of that were GREAT, maybe even among some of the best things they've ever done. But the series faded after that. It may have made a better movie than a series IMO. But a Netflix series is all they could get by that time.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

This got lost in the NFL thread.