The Video Game Thread

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: The Video Game Thread

Post by Jocephus »

amazon says my copy is arriving tomorrow which would be an awesome surprise.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

I got RDR2. It's freaking incredible. I only have the regular Xbox One but I can't imagine what it's like on the One X.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

IMADreamer wrote:I got RDR2. It's freaking incredible. I only have the regular Xbox One but I can't imagine what it's like on the One X.
yeah same, still looks good to me on regular xbox one. i'm technically still in chapter 2 but i've just been roaming around enjoying the sights, etc. since there are fewer opportunities to fast travel and you really do need to use your horse i've been utilizing the cinematic mode a lot. first, it's way better configured than in past Rockstar games as it actually works but its so amazingly cinematic (duh) and gorgeous. plus it allows me to go to the restroom, get a quick bite to eat while on "autopilot" then i'm ready to go when i get back to screen. i happened to notice that novembers xbox games with gold lineup is really solid and while i'll download them, i don't think i'm gonna be playing anything else for several months.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.

RDR2 still has that Rockstar clunky to it. It's better than GTA for sure but it's still a long way from perfect.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

IMADreamer wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:I want to get it, but Rockstar games always play so damn clunky for me I get frustrated.

RDR2 still has that Rockstar clunky to it. It's better than GTA for sure but it's still a long way from perfect.
yeah, agreed. there are some control setups you can do to help but i definitely still get some funky movements. still though, man this game. i'm completely lollygagging around still in chapter 2 purposely not advancing hah. there's actually some treasure maps and hidden things for gold bars! that i've been doing, thus getting a lot of money. apparently there's a gold bar glitch where you can farm gold bars but i would never do that, *i* have morals. just getting the legit hidden ones around the map got me up around 6000, i've fully upgraded camp and gotten some upgraded items but still have like 3500 left, plus, i know there's heists and robbing in this so i'm sure i'll get plenty more. searching for those gold bars though got me to move around the map and man, it's just so beautiful.

this isn't a game story spoiler just a game experience spoiler but the below YT clip is from an unmarked, simple fetch quest. i had it happen to me hah. it's pretty scary when you have headphones on.
[SHOW]

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I was killing some time last night near a Game Stop and picked up a used copy of NBA 2K18 for my Switch last night. Wow. I SUUUUUUUCK at that game. I've only played a couple of minutes so far (needed to charge the Switch) but I was down double digits right away and still haven't hit a single shot... once I even figured out how to shoot.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

now i've installed hitman: bloody money, hah

IMADreamer

Post by IMADreamer »

Jocephus wrote:after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

I'm on my second play through of RDR2. It's just so good. I took a night last weekend and just went hunting for legendary animals. There is just so much to that game it's amazing.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

IMADreamer wrote:
Jocephus wrote:after 3 months i officially 100%'ed red dead redemption 2 this morning. quite possibly the best story i've played thru in a game and the scenery is just amazing.

I'm on my second play through of RDR2. It's just so good. I took a night last weekend and just went hunting for legendary animals. There is just so much to that game it's amazing.
the legendary animals are great, so is fishing. this could be me being hippy dippy but i felt an aspect of animal conservation with the legendary animals. yes, i get to go on this exhilarating hunt but if i kill it no one else gets to see it. it almost seems selfish you know? also did you know if you complete all the hunter challenges you unlock the legendary panther? and that legendary gator is a beast!

the game says i put 12 days in hah.

fwiw/fyi - here's a link to a heat map of all the animals - https://imgur.com/a/QIX2uQQ

and rdr2map.com is great for finding things you may have missed (side missions, collectables, weapons, money, etc). its got an interactive legend you can select what you want to look for.