2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by JCShutout »

Sell sell sell. Lots of good talent at the top of the draft this year.

Secret Weapon
Perennial All-Star

Post by Secret Weapon »

3 in a row, inching closer to a playoff spot

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

And last night's loss wasn't a bad one. 2nd game in 2 days, both on the road, against a rested team that has been one of the hottest in the league. Tie it up late and get a point out of it.

There were problems, sure, but the team has played differently the last 4-5 games. We will see.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Hey now, the Blues are kinda sorta over .500! 23-22-5.

*Kinda sorta because to me, over .500 means more wins than losses and OTLs, but lets not look a gift horse in the mouth.

My only worry is that Gunnarson's good play recently will mean a 4 year, $16million extension or some terrible contract like that. He's been better the last two years, but not expensive extension good.

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

The Blues are 8th in the West in Point%. That happened much faster than I would've imagined. A tough stretch here over the next 3 with Tampa and a home and home with Nashville, but they've looked tremendous lately, especially fighting back to win tonight after going down 2-0 early in the 3rd.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Holy crap, then on after being down so late. Who is this team?

Hoot45
Perennial All-Star

Post by Hoot45 »

albertmvpujols wrote:The Blues are 8th in the West in Point%. That happened much faster than I would've imagined. A tough stretch here over the next 3 with Tampa and a home and home with Nashville, but they've looked tremendous lately, especially fighting back to win tonight after going down 2-0 early in the 3rd.
Oh [expletive], I turned the game off in the third when they were down 0-2 thinking it was a lost cause. Surprised and stoked to see they came back to win that one, in regulation nonetheless. Now just 4 points off the Wild Card with two games in hand.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Hoot45 wrote:
albertmvpujols wrote:The Blues are 8th in the West in Point%. That happened much faster than I would've imagined. A tough stretch here over the next 3 with Tampa and a home and home with Nashville, but they've looked tremendous lately, especially fighting back to win tonight after going down 2-0 early in the 3rd.
Oh [expletive], I turned the game off in the third when they were down 0-2 thinking it was a lost cause. Surprised and stoked to see they came back to win that one, in regulation nonetheless. Now just 4 points off the Wild Card with two games in hand.
And only one point behind Vancouver for the final WC spot with 3 games in hand on them. Every team in the Western Conference has played at least two more games than the Blues except for Colorado which has only played one more game and is one point behind the Blues. Being 7-2-1 in their last 10 with 3 wins in a row has changed things a bunch when it comes to a chance at the playoffs. Hopefully they get through this next week in good shape and don't stumble against Tampa and Nashville.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

The Blues just beat Tampa Bay in OT on the road, and Vancouver is trailing Chicago late in the 3rd period.

letsgocards89
Perennial All-Star

Post by letsgocards89 »

What the heck is going on with this team???