Cubs Co-Owner's Incredibly Racist Emails Leaked

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Cubs Co-Owner's Incredibly Racist Emails Leaked

Post by Freed Roger »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:
Radbird wrote:Should Cubs fans boycott in protest?

How would we (collective “we” Cards fans) react if it was BDW?
I can only speak for myself, but the entirety of the offseason(this, not getting rid of Russell, potential TV deal with Sinclair, crying poor and not making any additions of significance) combined with the frustrating/demoralizing second half of the year was enough for me to cancel MLB.tv. I'm just not enthusiastic about this season even though the team should be very good, so I'll see if they earn more attention/money instead of having that commitment renewed automatically.
Damn TT, I wasn't expecting that.

It wouldn't be hard to rationalize this away, assuming equivalencies to just about any pro sports org. Especially considering many things probably don't get exposed.

it's just a game/entertainment to us. Which in some regards makes it (racist owners or whatever) easier to dismiss. But in other ways it sullies the fun aspect, makes it less worth your time.

My bro was a huge Cardinal/baseball fan. Steroid era and 94 strike season drove him away for good. It did me too for a while, but I live in St.L , unlike him, and was compelled to come back/ get over it.

Note: I also was anti-Dewitt for long while, even though the Busch family stewardship was in a freefall. They played the stadium corporate welfare deal in TX, and here (not as overt). When they threatened to go IL or suburbs with the team, was a low point. This coincided with Pujols prime -so, yeah I got over it.

Transmogrified Tiger
Puppy Murderer

Post by Transmogrified Tiger »

Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the team(with FS Midwest and MLBN + national broadcasts that might be as many as 50 games) and compulsively follow games, I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I can just flip the switch like that. But it really started with the second half, I barely watched any games live even down the stretch, it just wasn't enjoyable. Even if it was a bit flukish in circumstance, it's a lot easier after that to say maybe I'll wait for them to excite me before giving these jackwagons more cash.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Yet another problem with "owners."

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Transmogrified Tiger wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'll still watch the team(with FS Midwest and MLBN + national broadcasts that might be as many as 50 games) and compulsively follow games, I'm not going to delude myself into thinking I can just flip the switch like that. But it really started with the second half, I barely watched any games live even down the stretch, it just wasn't enjoyable. Even if it was a bit flukish in circumstance, it's a lot easier after that to say maybe I'll wait for them to excite me before giving these jackwagons more cash.
Time is right to come on over to join TBFIBB. Our guidelines don't normally accept Cub fans but we can think of some sort of loyalty oath.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

I didn’t fully realize how hard it is to root for a team with an owner who is a [expletive] terrible human being until the Super Bowl. I didn’t want to deal with all the “we are the champions for the sixth time” crap up here in NE but I was sure glad Stan didn’t win.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

The amount of money I spend on the Cards is already at a low point that it hasn't been at in years with these bland teams they've had. I'd probably still check in on things and see how they were doing sometimes but I'd largely find other stuff to do until things got better. It's been a while, but that's basically what I did in the 90s.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

pioneer98 wrote:

The amount of money I spend on the Cards is already at a low point that it hasn't been at in years with these bland teams they've had. I'd probably still check in on things and see how they were doing sometimes but I'd largely find other stuff to do until things got better. It's been a while, but that's basically what I did in the 90s.
That's what I always do in bad stretches of seasons. Check the scores or watch on MLB gameday or something. It makes me less upset/depressed when you just see names and pictures versus watching bad play.

I'll be honest: I'd probably still watch. I'd find a way to justify doing so in my mind. Just as I imagine most Cubs fans will one way or another as long as the quality of play is good, and I wouldn't blame them for it.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

My team is mine. Not whatever weasel owns it (RIP Paul Allen, an exception for the most part). My $80 wherever it's spent is going to trickle up to some Ricketts somewhere, generally. I wouldn't let some [expletive] take my team away from me just because he's rich.

Go to the game. Take a sign that says Blow Me, Racist if you want.

I guess that I should clarify that an owner can move my team away and it'd be over for me. I really feel for fans in St. Louis and in Seattle. But unless they're pumping The Birth of a Nation through the Jumbotron on white hood giveaway night I'm not going to let them damage a meaningful part of my life just because they're monsters.

booger71
All-Star

Post by booger71 »

First of all Moeslems are not a race
2nd...if you are still infected with Trump Derangement Syndrome (which many who post here seem to be). Virginia now has a cure

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Your hero wans't mentioned here. The thread was about some other racist clown.