movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: movies

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:How come no one told me this was coming????

Straight to video June 14, right?
Straight into our hearts you mean. Don't hate or Shaft will bust a cap.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

was thinking, Hey maybe Mrs Freed and I will go see a movie tonight. Maybe I am just fickle but this looks like the worst selection of movies currently out in the history of cinema.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Bohemian Rhapsody was terrific. In fact, it's the best movie i've seen this year. Is that taboo, btw? considering the director?

anyway my list:

Bohemian Rhapsody
Star is Born
Blackkkklandsmen
The Mule (not nominated but i didn't expect it to be--still one of the better movies i saw this year)

I saw Black Panther but thats not even anywhere near my list. The fact its an oscar nom is laughable.

Need to see Vice and pretty sure thatll be near the top of the list. No real interest in seeing the other noms.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Holy crap. This movie looks gorgeous. I think it’s on Amazon but limited release in theaters too. Kind of tempted to choose the latter but I probably won’t.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Watched a movie other people might have heard of, for once. "Happy Death Day" is really good, you guys. Not really seen any Blumhouse movies before, apart from "Get Out", but this one is brilliant.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

as a horror fan, blumhouse puts out some good ones.

In case you havent already seen it, check out The Visit.

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I unabashedly adore the The Purge movies.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Michael wrote:I unabashedly adore the The Purge movies.
Are they Blumhouse? Cool. I've seen the first two and love them, never got round to the other two (or the series) for whatever reason.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

The Brendan Fraser mummy movies are unironically good

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

ghostrunner wrote:Holy crap. This movie looks gorgeous. I think it’s on Amazon but limited release in theaters too. Kind of tempted to choose the latter but I probably won’t.
That movie IS gorgeous, and is free if you're a Prime member now. Though if you can see it in a theater, do it, because the cinematography is divine. The woman who plays the lead is absolutely incredible. Also gorgeous: The Favourite and Roma. Not gorgeous? Green Book. That movie was hot garbage. A movie for white people to feel good while convincing themselves they fixed racism in a time when no one should be convincing themselves racism is fixed. Brought to you by the Orson Welles of dick and poop and jizz jokes.

It was too damn good a year for movies, from Burning to the Mister Rogers Doc to Into The Spider-Verse, to give a pile of trash like Green Book a Best Pic win. Twenty years from now I'll still think about Roma and Cold War and The Favourite and a dozen other 2019 movies but I won't remember Green Book.