GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 22 19, 5:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
PostPosted: February 20 19, 9:47 am 
Perennial All-Star

Freed Roger wrote:
It is the Swatstika of our time

what is?

PostPosted: February 20 19, 9:49 am 
Hall Of Famer

Gashouse wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

what is?

MAGA hats I think. Maybe 'WWJD' though.

PostPosted: February 20 19, 9:54 am 
Perennial All-Star

That's what I want to clarify.

PostPosted: February 20 19, 9:55 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
Gashouse wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:

what is?

MAGA hats I think. Maybe 'WWJD' though.

The MAGA slogan-hats., definitely not WWJD....fascists haven't misappropriated that yet.

PostPosted: February 20 19, 10:10 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

This could go in the (Political) Christianity thread

PostPosted: February 20 19, 10:35 am 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Yeah, full-on Godwins law with the MAGA to swatstika.

But emphasis on it is the swatstika "Of Our Time." Our time has a grifter reality TV show loser and his family as king of the world.

Our Time blends pop culture/social media and the associated look-at-me-attention-whoring, with it's racist/fascist brand of nationalism.

Our time doesn't have gas chambers and a WW, not diminish the utter darkness of that time.....but we have a MAGAs mowing people down with their cars, beating up media ad naseum , ICE etc etc

Thought I was stating an obvious.

PostPosted: February 20 19, 11:28 am 
Perennial All-Star

I was pretty sure you were referring to MAGA hats, and that would make much more sense than "WWJD?". But having the swastika comment after a couple of WWJD posts (including yours) made me a little unsure about what you were referring to.

PostPosted: February 20 19, 11:48 am 
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Freed Roger wrote:
Yeah, full-on Godwins law with the MAGA to swatstika.

But emphasis on it is the swatstika "Of Our Time." Our time has a grifter reality TV show loser and his family as king of the world.

Our Time blends pop culture/social media and the associated look-at-me-attention-whoring, with it's racist/fascist brand of nationalism.

Our time doesn't have gas chambers and a WW, not diminish the utter darkness of that time.....but we have a MAGAs mowing people down with their cars, beating up media ad naseum , ICE etc etc

Thought I was stating an obvious.

Our time has concentration camps, so gas chambers aren't too far away.

PostPosted: May 2 19, 4:12 am 
gone fission

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/coving ... ocid=ientp

Quote:
Covington Catholic High School student Nicholas Sandmann is suing NBCUniversal for a whopping $275 million over the media coverage he received earlier this year, his lawyer said Wednesday.

“NBCUniversal created a false narrative by portraying the ‘confrontation’ as a ‘hate crime’ committed by Nicholas,” the lawsuit read, saying Sandmann was "an easy target for NBCUniversal to advance its anti-Trump agenda because he was a 16-year-old white, Catholic student who had attended the Right to Life March that day and was wearing a MAGA cap at the time of the incident which he had purchased earlier in the day as a souvenir.”

This marks the third major lawusit Sandmann's legal team has launched. The team is also suing The Washington Post for $250 million as well as CNN for $275 million. McMurty previously suggested that The Associated Press and HBO could face simiilar lawsuits.

PostPosted: May 2 19, 7:48 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Will never see the inside of a courtroom. I'd hope the defense argues--very publicly--that it's hard to root this argument in an anti-Trump bias at NBC Universal, the place that took him when he was a debt-ridden aging playboy who was not respected by anyone, and made that indebted "The Donald" into the again sorta well-to-do "Mr. Trump" with that ludicrous* television show. A show that, among people for whom television = reality, made Trump respectable.

I'd also say that this kid is setting himself up for a really awful adult life the longer he carries this on. Sure, he'll probably inherit some money and stuff from the awful alt-right "Real Americans" who are sending him to private school for racists, but the more he pushes this the more he makes a name for himself in connection to Trump and our country isn't headed in a direction that's gonna be real warm and fuzzy for dumbass white kids who don't dig diversity. You don't want to go on a date 10 years from now and the woman is like "wait.....Sandman.....that rings a bell.....hey did you act like a little dick to an old Native American dude then sue NBC for a quarter billion in the name of Trumpism? Are you that Nick Sandman? Hang on, just calling an Uber......" You don't want to go on vacation, book a New York restaurant reservation under "George Gipp" then pay with a credit card from the Kentucky/Indiana Border Nazi Bank that has "Nicholas Sandman" stamped on the front. You'll be the laughing stock of the wait staff over their post-shift drinks.

This kid does not want to get famous over this whole thing. I was starting to forget about it, as I'd forgotten about a lot of nonsense Trump people, and that's probably what best for Nicholas Sandman, whose name after typing this post I'll probably now remember, whereas before he was "MAGA prick kid who needs a beating."

*If you're like "hey, that show was not ludicrous" then please consider that the people on the show did not work for Trump, were faux-applying for a job with Trump, and the tagline when they did not get "hired" was "you're fired." Which...how the hell you fire someone from a place they don't work, I mean.......

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next