Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Random musings

Post by lukethedrifter »

Aaahh. Now i know.

Not sure what the NTSB will say; however, it seems apparent that all those things were factors. Design is terrible for a bunch of non swimming tourists on anything but the calmest of seas. Having a Walmart greeter as captain is a problem. Access to life jackets. Roof ergo poor egress. Poor planning for summer squalls. Lots of dominoes.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Right. There are a lot of dominoes. However, in this particular scenario, it seems relevant what they list as the cause. For example, if they list human error, that's not going to really shake the duck boat industry much. They can recommend a number of things, but they don't have legislative power. If they list, I don't know, the lunacy of duck boats in particular as the root cause, they may have enough clout to pressure regulatory changes in the industry. Further, if they wait 3 years, until 2021 to release their report, I fear all sentiment will be lost and no reforms at all will be made.

Maybe that's okay. Maybe it's not. But, it really feels like the industry needs a good shakeup with special regard to safety. Hell, make the damn roof detachable and extremely buoyant. So if one of these things goes down, the roof comes off, people aren't trapped, and they have something to grasp while in the water.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Am kind of tweener on sizes and fit for clothes. Shop online, I have no idea which way to guess, and loathe messing with returns. ...but when I drag my ass to brick mortar stores, I find they may have something I like, but not in my size.

First world problem?

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

They have those deals now where they will ship you a box of clothes and you keep what fits/you like, and send the rest back.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

stlouie_lipp wrote:They have those deals now where they will ship you a box of clothes and you keep what fits/you like, and send the rest back.
I have heard of that, but not seen it for anything I buy online. must be for you high enders. :wink:

My wife could use that system though. Lordy lordy.

work attire, dress pants and shirts, I have no trouble sizing. (and kind of odd but I care less about work clothes fit) its for casual wear. shoes, shorts for running etc. I
Last edited by Freed Roger on February 27 19, 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

I thought a polo style shirt wouldnt be too hard to find, but mediums I can be swimming in and too long. Smalls can come out like a compression shirt.

FML

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

stlouie_lipp wrote:They have those deals now where they will ship you a box of clothes and you keep what fits/you like, and send the rest back.
i just recently signed up for one of these (stitch fix) and am gonna get quarterly shipments. everything fit to a T except the jeans were a little tight, and i gave them such feedback so hopefully next time i get jeans that fit.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Freed Roger wrote:
I have heard of that, but not seen it for anything I buy online. must be for you high enders. :wink:

My wife could use that system though. Lordy lordy.

work attire, dress pants and shirts, I have no trouble sizing. (and kind of odd but I care less about work clothes fit) its for casual wear. shoes, shorts for running etc. I
Look into Amazon Wardrobe. To my knowledge there's no limit to the amount of clothes you can select and have sent to you. You have like 7 days to try everything on and see what you like/what fits, and then just simply return everything you don't want. Your card is then charged for the stuff you keep. Pretty much every type of clothing is available for the service - even shoes.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I want an emoji dude on here holding a protest sign. So that I can protest. With an emoji.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Some people are way too [expletive] serious