In perpetuum

Re: 2019 Official™ StL™ Spring™ Training™ Thread™

Post by Cronos »

heyzeus wrote:
sighyoung wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Cardinals make some trims. Here they are:

-Ramon Urias.
-Lane Thomas, who lost spring to an injury.
-Connor Jones
-Jake Woodford, who will be stretched out for a starter and positioned as one of the candidates to come up for a spot start, or if an opening appears in the rotation.
-Jose Godoy
-Brian O'Keefe

Derrick Goold
Too bad. I was waiting for Godoy.
Don't worry, he'll be Beckett it in no time.
Little bit of a stretch, Zeus, but I'll allow it.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Rangel Ravelo underwent an MRI on Sunday after dealing with continued soreness in his rib cage.

No word yet on the results of that test. The 26-year-old has been impressive in Grapefruit League action, hitting .333 (15-for-45) with a homer and seven RBI. Already an extreme longshot to crack the Opening Day roster, this injury may all be seal Ravelo's fate.
Source: Derrick Goold on Twitter
Mar 17, 2019, 6:28 PM
Luke Gregerson (shoulder) threw his third bullpen session of the spring on Saturday.

Gregerson missed much of last season with a right shoulder issue and other injuries and has been slowed by the shoulder in camp. He said that while the shoulder is "starting to feel tremendously better," he's yet to take "that big jump forward." The veteran reliever will begin the season on the injured list and it's unclear when he might be game-ready.
Source: MLB.com
Mar 17, 2019, 1:51 PM

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

It sure seems like you get a lot more useful information out of Shildt than we've gotten the past few years. Maybe useful isn't the right word but it seems to me like Shildt is a lot more up front about things and gives more actual answers and information than Matheny who probably would have responded to the lack of production with a meaningless statement of, "We'll be ready for game 1," followed by some thinly disguised statement about faith in God getting them there. At least Shildt gave some information about the plan/process that they are in the middle of even if there aren't many details but then again, I don't expect in-depth details and trade secrets. At least it's something.

***My mention of "faith in God getting them there" is a shot at Matheny and not at anybody else's beliefs/faith/lack of either in the sense that as opposed having an actual plan and working through it, Matheny seemed at times to just keep doing the same thing and had faith that God would suddenly intervene and the ship would right itself. That's not how things work whether you follow any religion or not.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Well, he was literally brain damaged. Sure will miss his dead blank stares.

Agreedo re: Shildt.

DeadMoney
Veteran Player

Post by DeadMoney »

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

tlombard wrote:***My mention of "faith in God getting them there" is a shot at Matheny and not at anybody else's beliefs/faith/lack of either in the sense that as opposed having an actual plan and working through it, Matheny seemed at times to just keep doing the same thing and had faith that God would suddenly intervene and the ship would right itself. That's not how things work whether you follow any religion or not.
I know matheny was/is very religious, but I have never heard him speak about God, and that God/faith would help them/intervene...where is this coming from?

I thought I read/listened to most of cardinal articles/shows, but have never heard matheny mention anything like that at all...

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

DeadMoney wrote:
every time I read IL, I keep wondering what affiliate we have in Illinois

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i'm happy for baseball to be back but concerned