Making Baseball Better

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Making Baseball Better

Post by CardsofSTL »

Angel should have been fired fifteen years ago. But I don't want robot umps.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Gonna be a lot of pitchers faking injuries to get out of that. Actually, pitchers might legitimately get hurt if they have to throw 40 pitches to get through 3 batters.
Then they'll be forced to go on the 15 day IL. If they want to do that, cool.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Famous Mortimer wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Gonna be a lot of pitchers faking injuries to get out of that. Actually, pitchers might legitimately get hurt if they have to throw 40 pitches to get through 3 batters.
Then they'll be forced to go on the 15 day IL. If they want to do that, cool.
Cool

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

That was in relation to the "faking injuries" thing, not the "actual injuries" thing. Although how many times in baseball history has a pitcher taken 40 pitches to get through 3 guys?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Famous Mortimer wrote:That was in relation to the "faking injuries" thing, not the "actual injuries" thing. Although how many times in baseball history has a pitcher taken 40 pitches to get through 3 guys?
Cool

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I don't want to get mired down in the fake injury thing; but if a pitcher leaves a game with an "injury" they don't automatically go on the IL (IL...can't get used to that. Like they are going to Illinois to go fishing in a quarry pond or something) They always get listed as "day to day" initially until a medical follow up. So the concern would be a pitcher stating he was injured to avoid having to face three batters; I don't think that is much of a concern at all. If someone on your staff can't face three batters they probably should be selling hot dogs in the stands instead of pitching.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

CardsofSTL wrote:I don't want to get mired down in the fake injury thing; but if a pitcher leaves a game with an "injury" they don't automatically go on the IL (IL...can't get used to that. Like they are going to Illinois to go fishing in a quarry pond or something) They always get listed as "day to day" initially until a medical follow up. So the concern would be a pitcher stating he was injured to avoid having to face three batters; I don't think that is much of a concern at all. If someone on your staff can't face three batters they probably should be selling hot dogs in the stands instead of pitching.
They could just call the umpires mother a whore and get run.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:I don't want to get mired down in the fake injury thing; but if a pitcher leaves a game with an "injury" they don't automatically go on the IL (IL...can't get used to that. Like they are going to Illinois to go fishing in a quarry pond or something) They always get listed as "day to day" initially until a medical follow up. So the concern would be a pitcher stating he was injured to avoid having to face three batters; I don't think that is much of a concern at all. If someone on your staff can't face three batters they probably should be selling hot dogs in the stands instead of pitching.
That's what I'd do.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

I'm sure a bunch of pitchers getting tossed for calling the ump a [expletive] will definitely not cause them to close that particular "loophole".

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
Lol. That would be hilarious.

“ Hey angel, we have this technology that can help you improve. “