Perennial All-Star

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by Donnie Ebert »

Whew. W.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Wow. I'll take it. 2-0 and heading home!

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I was certain that they were going to give up a goal in that last 1:30. Sloopy play. Thank you 9 lb. 8 oz. baby Jesus, don’t even know a word yet.

jkline
Veteran Player

Post by jkline »

Binny is the truth, nice win.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Really like the maturity and composure the Blues have shown thus far. Jets are getting off their game by trying to be overly physical and intimidate the Blues. They haven’t bit. Took the home crowd right out of the game most of the time.

st.lewis11
Hall Of Famer

Post by st.lewis11 »

Popeye_Card wrote:Really like the maturity and composure the Blues have shown thus far. Jets are getting off their game by trying to be overly physical and intimidate the Blues. They haven’t bit. Took the home crowd right out of the game most of the time.
Yeah, the Jets are realizing the Blues outplay them 5 on 5, so they're playing dirty to try to goad Blues into penalties. Blues need to start scoring on the PP, otherwise the Jets will keep doing that. No repercussions while Blues PP keeps coming up lame.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I only listened to the game, so when I watched the recap just now, I was relieved to see that none of the goals allowed were bad ones. Binny had no chance on the first two, and took away as much net as he could and they were great shots. You might be able to argue that he could have cut his angle a tick more on the third goal, but it was a quick one-timer, and was a perfectly placed shot. A quarter inch lower, and Binny stops it. Quarter inch higher, and its crossbar or over the net. You just tip your hat to the shooter there, as we used to say in goalie camps.

Binnington is really fundamentally and positionally sound. That's his biggest strength IMO. He gets in position and doesn't leave many, if any, holes. Sure, a perfect shot might beat him, but if his team applies any pressure on D or backchecking, those perfect shots should be few and far between. Even on one timers, Binny takes away low and middle, and it requires a good play and shot to score.

Oh, and he doesn't seem to let a bad goal or game effect him. He just goes right back out there and cuts his angles and plays big.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

They looked very poised. Seems like usually they are team getting extra chippy and more than happey for extra curriculur activities

albertmvpujols
All-Star

Post by albertmvpujols »

What an embarassing showing by everyone but Binnington tonight. This is awful.