movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
cardinalkarp
Hall Of Famer

Re: movies

Post by cardinalkarp »

GeddyWrox wrote:Vice was indeed a good movie. A coworker of mine has been saying Glass was a big turd. Hmmm.

Also, I give Welcome to Marwen (Steve Carrell) two thumbs up.
I didn't really set any expectations of Glass, so maybe that helped.

I though Unbreakable was okay, and really enjoyed Split and this fell in between

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Final trailer for Godzilla. Been a long time since I've been this hyped to go to the theater.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

That's friggin awesome.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

ghostrunner wrote:How did 7000+ people like this?

Captain America and Spiderman are for very serious, well behaved adults ONLY. And can you please stop your kids from whining so much in the line for the new Harry Potter Funko Pop? I bet you a dollar this guy's Firefly theme ringtone goes off during the movie.

Can anyone recommend a good 'Previously on Lost' recap: video or blog post for Endgame?

I got very tired of hard-steel posing (I'd love to see all of those cut together), hitting all the beats over and over again (learning your new powers montage!), and especially origin stories, and it's a shame they couldn't cram 85 more characters between this and Infinity Wars part I, but I'm looking forward to Endgame on a put a fork in it level, but a genuine one as well, despite myself. My kid is really geeked up for it.

sjgoten6
All-Star

Post by sjgoten6 »

After watching Endgame, I have to say I liked it better than Infinity War.
[SHOW]
This movie really hit me in the feels. And honestly the one that hit me the most was Captain America growing old. Even more than the deaths it's something about seeing him and knowing he wont be C.A. and that he finally found his happiness. Movie after movie it shows C.A. wondering about Peggy, and his chapter finally closing with him completes that circle.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

sjgoten6 wrote:After watching Endgame, I have to say I liked it better than Infinity War.
[SHOW]
This movie really hit me in the feels. And honestly the one that hit me the most was Captain America growing old. Even more than the deaths it's something about seeing him and knowing he wont be C.A. and that he finally found his happiness. Movie after movie it shows C.A. wondering about Peggy, and his chapter finally closing with him completes that circle.
I haven't seen but read the wiki and spoiled it for myself. Is cap your favorite of the MCU hereos? Did you see at midnight?
[SHOW]
The wiki says thor decapitated thanos! Cant believe that's in a Disney movie! Everything I've read so far is that the movie is really good.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

I love movies like The Dark Knight and Logan but Endgame is by far the greatest achievement in comic book movie history.

sjgoten6
All-Star

Post by sjgoten6 »

Jocephus wrote:
sjgoten6 wrote:After watching Endgame, I have to say I liked it better than Infinity War.
[SHOW]
I haven't seen but read the wiki and spoiled it for myself. Is cap your favorite of the MCU hereos? Did you see at midnight?
[SHOW]
The wiki says thor decapitated thanos! Cant believe that's in a Disney movie! Everything I've read so far is that the movie is really good.
He's not my favorite but close to it. It's always Spiderman for me.
[SHOW]
But Caps resolution is almost masterful. It's super impactful only because I think of the scene and then constantly think about it after the movie. This can honestly be spoiled and it still wouldn't take away the impactfulness of the scene.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Jocephus wrote:
Pretty amazing that the F+Fs are in there, they're a big ol outlier in that group.

You'll never see someone equating a spoiler for the next Furious movie to murder, or a plea that no one talk about Fast + Furious on social media until everyone has ample time to see it.