Rant: Amazon Prime video

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Rant: Amazon Prime video

Post by CardsofSTL »

lukethedrifter wrote:I like the Roku search feature because it searches all my streaming options so I can find the free-est one.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

It appears I'm just searching for the wrong thing. Fair do's (but screw you all for interrupting a nice rant).

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

lukethedrifter wrote:I like the Roku search feature because it searches all my streaming options so I can find the free-est one.
This, all the way.

Schlich
Don't tone police me bro!

Post by Schlich »

Ooh, that's nice. I need to pull the trigger on that soon

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Tim wrote:Bosch
Just finished season 5 and I believe it to be the best season by far. The series has really gotten me into the books. I really like this character and Titus Welliver is fantastic. Similar to how he was in Deadwood.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

And about to finish The Widow with GRB favorite Kate Beckinsale. Probably worth a watch. Mindless, but entertaining. A few twists and turns.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My biggest complaint (and the reason I never use Amazon Prime Video) is that they are still trying to have their little pissing contest with Google and I can't stream the videos to my Chromecast.

I'm not buying another box just for Prime and mirroring the screen is a pain if you should want to actually be able to check your phone while watching and even if you don't feel the need to check your notifications, you still have to go through the trouble to adjust the screen settings or constantly touch it to make sure the screen doesn't go to sleep.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

tlombard wrote:My biggest complaint (and the reason I never use Amazon Prime Video) is that they are still trying to have their little pissing contest with Google and I can't stream the videos to my Chromecast.

I'm not buying another box just for Prime and mirroring the screen is a pain if you should want to actually be able to check your phone while watching and even if you don't feel the need to check your notifications, you still have to go through the trouble to adjust the screen settings or constantly touch it to make sure the screen doesn't go to sleep.
This is the same reason I haven't switched from Hulu Live to YouTube TV. I can access one from my Fire TV Stick but not the other.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

I am cancelling my 3rd or 4th free trial membership with prime. I used it to watch most of Deadwood season 1. Liked it a lot at first, but just got old, redundant by episode 6 . Actually was loathing watching the next episodes. Interesting well played characters though. Calamity Jane the best.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

I've had it for a couple years and have watched Jack Ryan, The Americans, and a Jim Gaffigan special. The rest kind of sucks from what I've seen so far.