movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Re: movies

Post by thrill »

Making homages to classic film sequences by more talented filmmakers isn't necessarily a bad thing, but JJ sure relies on it quite a bit, doesn't he?

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

Ken’s wrong on this one. This movie is not a piece of art. It’s a corny kid’s movie and sort of nostalgia piece for 30 somethings. Might as well do it right. Nothing of value is being compromised.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

ghostrunner wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
That had to be intentional.
Now I will forever see Grant carrying a light saber as he is running away from that plane...

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

MAGA wrote:Ken’s wrong on this one. This movie is not a piece of art. It’s a corny kid’s movie and sort of nostalgia piece for 30 somethings. Might as well do it right. Nothing of value is being compromised.
F that. I wanted Sonic with his weird ass human teeth. One reason to watch that movie and now it's gone.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

thrill wrote:Making homages to classic film sequences by more talented filmmakers isn't necessarily a bad thing, but JJ sure relies on it quite a bit, doesn't he?

It's become his gimmick

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I think it’s a known thing that 1999 was an exceptionally good year for movies, but if you scroll through this list it’s just staggering how deep and diverse (only thematically unfortunately) it is. I keep thinking I’ve finally passed all the good ones and another two or three come up and I think “holy [expletive], that too!”

https://letterboxd.com/films/year/1999/

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

I don't care about the Marvel/DC thing, but salty DC fans are super entertaining.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i dont think it really works though. BVS is partly [expletive] because they used the doomsday/death of superman so quickly.
[SHOW]
tony died after 10 years of movies and appearances.
and eisenbergs luther sucked balls.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

It doesn't work at all. He's just picking random similar shot compositions which you can do with just about any movie in the same genre.