2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

A forum for non-baseball sports

Who is going to win the NBA Championship?

Warriors
41%
Rockets
6%
Bucks
18%
Raptors
12%
Nuggets
12%
Sixers
No votes
Other
12%

Total votes: 17

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Re: 2019 NBA Playoffs Poll

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
MAGA wrote:Of course. Bandwagon fans
I don't know enough about it. My guess is the real fans aren't in the seats there. That is a very lame crowd.
Oh my gosh I know everyone in Denver is totally not part of the corporate explosion in that city and there are zero corporate season ticket holders sitting courtside, throughout the 100 level, or in boxes, it's totally just Real Fans. At least that was my experience when I was a guest of a distillery a few months ago and their Colorado distributor took me to a weeknight game v the Clippers. It's probably why the Pepsi Center is located in a blue-collar residential neighborhood and not downtown near the university and a bunch of high-rises that house corporate offices, so that the Real Fans can get to the games easier than the corporate season ticket holders who don't really like basketball.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

For me it was surreal how quiet it was in the first quarter.

I'm not trying to be self righteous, because then I'd have to become a Jazz or Thunder fan if it's all about crowd noise. But it was like a library in there last night. I was genuinely distracted.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:

Denver wasn't selling out, but their team was probably aware there were fans there.

Denver wasn't selling out?

Pepsi Center capacity is listed as 19,520. The last game attendance was listed at 19,725.

Attendance was essentially the same in Denver as it was in Portland for that series.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

That was my impression because there were tickets available on the primary market on game day. My mistake.

Now I'm both bitter and hateful, but the buttlicking of the Warriors in national broadcasts is unbearable. Mark Jackson is effing terrible. You won't be rehired, bro.

Mute.

Socnorb11
The Last Word

Post by Socnorb11 »

It's not just you, BottenField. It's real. I refuse to watch sports media this morning, because I know what to expect.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

I mean, the closest thing Mark Jackson has to relevance is that he coached the Warriors before they were the Warriors. I understand him clutching for life to that one thing. But yeah, he's intolerable.

OTOH, the ESPN/ABC studio crew of Beadle/Jalen/Chauncey/Pierce is so much better than the TNT group it's almost embarrassing for TNT. Pierce is terrible but the rest are so good they more than make up for it.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Took Toronto -4 for the 2nd half for a good chunk. Gross.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Raptors still have a chance. Milwaukee was exceptional at home and just very good on the road this year.

The Raptors bench is a problem. VanVleet has been bad all but one game of the playoffs. Norm Powell is getting way too many minutes. They miss OG Anunoby, who gives them another long athletic Siakam-Lite type of player in their depth. On the other side, Hill and Ilyasova are playing well for MIL and giving them some veteran leadership on the second unit. Hill was +14 last night, Ilyasova +22, they've been difference-makers on the second unit that the Raptors just don't have.

Kawhi probably needs to play 42 minutes in Game Three. Raptors need to win 3 and 4 though to not go back to FiServ down 3-1.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Blazers are just mentally and physically exhausted. Well... and outmatched. This should pay forward, as everything else has for Lillard.

But at least all those people in yellow shirts at the Rose Garden that priced me out of my own housing market and didn't care about basketball (or were Lakers fans) 5 years ago are happy.

After Nurkic snapped his leg in half, the season was a win when we beat OKC anyway, but I hope we get game 4.

At least Durant isn't there pretending he proved anything. Quite literally superfluous. Super cool how he's talking [expletive] though--he'd never 'not want to make it to the Finals' so much he'd blow a lead to GS, right? He'd prove as much splicing his Thunderstruck performance into The Godfather and calling himself an Oscar winner.

MAGA
All-Star

Post by MAGA »

KD continues to look like a fool with a fool’s legacy.

the Warriors sweep whoever from the East without him. Or go up 3-0 then KD returns as a glorified spot up shooter on the 73 win team to “ice” the series.