2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

A forum for non-baseball sports
GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Re: 2018 - 2019 Blues (Hockey) Season

Post by GeddyWrox »

I'm dying. First time in my lifetime they are going to the SC Finals, and I am about to embark on a road trip for a week! I already booked my lodging all over Utah and Arizona, or I would delay the trip til later this summer. Plus my daughter has too many camps and whatnot to fit it in. I'll be gone Sat through Sat, so I'll be home for Game 4. But still... UGH!!!

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

Super honesty time folks: I've always hated the Gloria thing. I don't like 80s music. I don't like the song. I think its dumb.

They wore me down. They won. I've let Gloria into my heart. I've accepted Gloria into my life as my copilot. After the game last night, I couldn't sleep, so I did a workout, playing Y98 Gloria nonstop, dancing during breaks in my sets (maybe dancing during some core work). I actually... ugh... enjoyed it. Played it today while driving and almost teared up.

I still hate the stupid power play dance.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

JCShutout wrote:Super honesty time folks: I've always hated the Gloria thing. I don't like 80s music. I don't like the song. I think its dumb.

They wore me down. They won. I've let Gloria into my heart. I've accepted Gloria into my life as my copilot. After the game last night, I couldn't sleep, so I did a workout, playing Y98 Gloria nonstop, dancing during breaks in my sets (maybe dancing during some core work). I actually... ugh... enjoyed it. Played it today while driving and almost teared up.

Gloria is fine, quirky, and fun.

I don't get playing a song about living in the woods in West Virginia during the third period.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

heyzeus wrote:
JCShutout wrote:Super honesty time folks: I've always hated the Gloria thing. I don't like 80s music. I don't like the song. I think its dumb.

Gloria is fine, quirky, and fun.

I don't get playing a song about living in the woods in West Virginia during the third period.
I agree. Quirky and fun. (But hopefully retired after this run.)

Also agreed on the stupid power play dance.

Country Roads is fine. Good sing-along song, and it's awesome to be in the crowd with 18,000+ people belting it out in unison. Though the fans should really change the words from "West Virginia" on with something more applicable to St. Louis / the Blues.

JCShutout
MacGyver of Underwear

Post by JCShutout »

I don't mind Country Road because I like the song, and it supposedly was unplanned. They played it one day and fans kept singing it. (or so I heard) If it wanes in popularity I'm sure it will be dropped. I agree with changing "West Virginia" to something St Louisy/Bluesy. We do that with other songs. "Oh when the Blues go marchin in" for one.

And yes, please retire Gloria after this season. I just don't like that style of music. I've tried to give 80s pop (or whatever the heck that is) a chance and I just can't do it. I mean, it took 4 months for me to not hate the song.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

GeddyWrox wrote:I'm dying. First time in my lifetime they are going to the SC Finals, and I am about to embark on a road trip for a week! I already booked my lodging all over Utah and Arizona, or I would delay the trip til later this summer. Plus my daughter has too many camps and whatnot to fit it in. I'll be gone Sat through Sat, so I'll be home for Game 4. But still... UGH!!!

If you are in PHX Monday or Wednesday - come on over and we can watch the game!

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

JCShutout wrote:I don't mind Country Road because I like the song, and it supposedly was unplanned. They played it one day and fans kept singing it. (or so I heard) If it wanes in popularity I'm sure it will be dropped. I agree with changing "West Virginia" to something St Louisy/Bluesy. We do that with other songs. "Oh when the Blues go marchin in" for one.

And yes, please retire Gloria after this season. I just don't like that style of music. I've tried to give 80s pop (or whatever the heck that is) a chance and I just can't do it. I mean, it took 4 months for me to not hate the song.
Now the voices in your head are calling Gloria...

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

wart57 wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:I'm dying. First time in my lifetime they are going to the SC Finals, and I am about to embark on a road trip for a week! I already booked my lodging all over Utah and Arizona, or I would delay the trip til later this summer. Plus my daughter has too many camps and whatnot to fit it in. I'll be gone Sat through Sat, so I'll be home for Game 4. But still... UGH!!!

If you are in PHX Monday or Wednesday - come on over and we can watch the game!
Would do so in a heartbeat, but we're staying on the north side of the Grand Canyon area.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong
West County, Chesterfield Missouri,
Take me home, country roads

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »