When you fly....

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

Which airline do you prefer?

Alaska Airlines
4%
American Airlines
No votes
Delta
9%
Frontier
No votes
JetBlue
4%
Southwest
48%
United
4%
Some other airline
No votes
Cheapest airfare
30%
No flying for me
No votes

Total votes: 23

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

When you fly....

Post by CardsofSTL »

Just wondering who has airline preferences; and the reasons for those preferences. Any stories; good or bad; about certain airlines would be welcome reading as well.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: When you fly....

Post by lukethedrifter »

Mostly AA since I use the Aadvantage card and get free checked luggage, extra miles, etc; real answer is cheapest which frequently ends up AA anyway

Flew Alaska from SD recently. Was 1st class so that was nice.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

Delta. Mostly because they have a large hub in Detroit, which is the most convenient airport for me. But they also have generally clean planes with decent seats if they’ve been upgraded.

When I was working a lot in Alaska I tried to get my flights on Alaskan, almost completely because they had better beers available on the plane.

Keep in mind that 98% of the time I am flying for work, so price is not a huge factor for me. As long as the cost is reasonable I don’t care.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

Southwest and its not even close.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

JetBlue

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Growing up in StL, Southwest was a pretty easy choice most of the time as they were usually cheapest and had the best records for on time and safety.

They're the only major carrier with direct flight from Little Rock to StL and it's half the cost, so it's a no brainer.

If prices are equal, I'd still go Southwest just because I like them. If southwest isn't available, then delta.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Popeye_Card wrote:Delta. Mostly because they have a large hub in Detroit, which is the most convenient airport for me. But they also have generally clean planes with decent seats if they’ve been upgraded.

When I was working a lot in Alaska I tried to get my flights on Alaskan, almost completely because they had better beers available on the plane.

Keep in mind that 98% of the time I am flying for work, so price is not a huge factor for me. As long as the cost is reasonable I don’t care.
Wait, you don't live in StL anymore?

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

G. Keenan wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:Delta. Mostly because they have a large hub in Detroit, which is the most convenient airport for me. But they also have generally clean planes with decent seats if they’ve been upgraded.

Not for the past 8 years or so.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

Popeye_Card wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Time flies.

Joe Shlabotnik
Hall Of Famer

Post by Joe Shlabotnik »

G. Keenan wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:
G. Keenan wrote:

Time flies.
On which airline?