The Penske File

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: The Penske File

Post by Freed Roger »

My home version of Penske file is "staining the deck". This project has been open for over a year now. Delays for the leaves are falling, rain, the buds are falling in the spring, followed by the maple leaf helicopters.

Then I will pronounce I am just going to hire someone, but will wait until next time we have a bonus. Bonus, time comes -eh I'm going to do it myself now. After all hiring someone can be a PITA, and where is that # for that guy ?

I purchased the stain the other day, and the paint guy gave me months more worth of excuses, reminding me oil and water don't mix. No moisture in the wood. Step on a paper towel or newspaper and see if its pulling up moisture. Temps too high, no go. And there is almost always rain in forecast for 48 hr range.. and humidity ...oi vei

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

That's a much bigger project than my Penske file. Mine is the gas grill that I got as an anniversary gift for my 20th year at work. It will be two years at the end of July and the thing is still sitting in the basement of my building. I've just stuck to using a smaller portable grill the past couple of years instead of putting the nice new one together.

Part of it is laziness and then the other part is not deciding how I'm going to secure it well enough that somebody can't just throw it in the back of a truck and steal it. There are a couple of grills behind buildings along the same alley and nobody messes with those, but they are all older and not brand new. There are no fences. I can't find anything secure on the back of the building to chain it to. That leaves me with somehow driving a stake into the ground that is secure enough to chain it up to and I don't know that would work really well either.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Gas grill!... move to the Secrets thread

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Freed Roger wrote:Gas grill!... move to the Secrets thread
The grill I have been using the past couple of years is just a small charcoal grill if that helps. I also would never spend $350 on a gas grill myself which is why I chose it from my anniversary gift options. I didn't need anything I had available to choose from and the gas grill was the one option that I could conceivably have a use for while never being willing to spend my own money on it.

There was camping gear, TVs, golf clubs and all sorts of stuff available. I would spend my own money on all of that other stuff though. Never on a gas grill.

Freed Roger

Post by Freed Roger »

Good ole Penske File.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Freed Roger wrote:Good ole Penske File.
Yeah, it's getting a lot of attention today and tomorrow.

Fat_Bulldog
likes to grate his own cheese

Post by Fat_Bulldog »

Freed Roger wrote:Gas grill!... move to the Secrets thread
This is definitely a step in the right direction...

So you don't do all of your grilling/bbq'ing with a crockpot?

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

It will be getting a lot of attention this week.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

With work from home, the Penske File just doesn't quite seem the same today.