movies

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Re: movies

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Ignoring sequels worked for the new Halloween. I don't mind that part of it, but yeah, he "died" at the end of 2. Not sure what they're gonna do about that.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

laurie strode was KILLED in halloween: resurrection (bad sign when you see resurrection in the title) and then bam! they just retcon everything and do a new sequel with JLC as laurie and making it a direct sequel to halloween (and after rob zombie did 2 reboots/reimaginings of halloween...which were bad). that said, that 2018 halloween made 250 million...yeesh. i suppose at least with horror/slasher movies its pretty brainless but T series is supposed to have a story, even if its convoluted sci-fi, etc. i guess i just hate everything.

ghostrunner
Hall Of Famer

Post by ghostrunner »

Wouldn't it be likely that's a different Arnold Terminator? There have been 4 separate ones already. I'm more curious how the aging is explained.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

edit: yeah, its probably that, and they have to "update" him on the situation

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

*checks to make sure david benioff and db weiss didn't write the new terminator*

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Figured we may take in a movie over the long weekend. Man, it really is bad, the theater options. I hope my wife forgets the suggestion

Why is is it that way? I guess I am old.

Seems like the online places are getting the films I might find interesting or not as overdone, or that I can watch without hating myself

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Freed Roger wrote:Figured we may take in a movie over the long weekend. Man, it really is bad, the theater options. I hope my wife forgets the suggestion

Seems like the online places are getting the films I might find interesting or not as overdone, or that I can watch without hating myself
I might have to go with the Hail Satan doc. Or the Nureyev flick.

Famous Mortimer
Perennial All-Star

Post by Famous Mortimer »

Freed Roger wrote:Figured we may take in a movie over the long weekend. Man, it really is bad, the theater options. I hope my wife forgets the suggestion

The Moolah, on Lindell, has nice comfy sofas and John Wick 3.

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

A new baseball movie:

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

Without even watching the trailer, that looks freakin stupid. When does anyone come to the plate with blood trickling from various parts of his face and head? Unless he’s related to Curt Schilling and it’s actually ketchup, I suppose.