Florida Man game

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Re: Florida Man game

Post by G. Keenan »

thrill wrote:
This rocks. Shout out nicholas jones.
No cop can catch me in my Hyundai Elantra

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

G. Keenan wrote:
thrill wrote:

This is a pretty CardsofSTL thing to do if I say so myself.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

G. Keenan wrote:
thrill wrote:

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

I'm going to claim this one also since it happened on my birthday. When I did the Google Search I got something lame from Fox News and when I clicked on the link, it took me to a news update from today that I couldn't stomach less than ten seconds in.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

Anybody remember this thread? This might be peak Florida Man. Read to the end to see what I mean:
Florida man saves his puppy dragged into pond by alligator

A Florida man is drawing praise for valiantly saving his puppy from the jaws of an alligator.

Richard Wilbanks, 74, was just enjoying the sun when he heard his new puppy, Gunner, crying. A alligator in the backyard pond at his Lee County home had grabbed the dog and pulled it into the water. Wilbanks, an avid hunter, reacted quickly, jumping into the pond, grabbing the small alligator and pulling its jaw open, so Gunner, a three-month-old Cavalier King Charles spaniel, could escape, surveillance video of the rescue shows.

"He had the dog and he is covered in blood,” said Wilbanks wife, Louise, describing the moment she realized her husband had wrestled the small gator.

Amazingly, Wilbanks was able to keep the cigar he was smoking in his mouth while he rescued the little guy.

https://news.yahoo.com/florida-man-save ... 32873.html

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

The video of that rules. Kept the cigar lit the entire time.

mikechamp
Hall Of Famer

Post by mikechamp »

This is an annual "contest" in Florida, and it is important, given the rapid rate of reproduction of this invasive species. (One female was recently captured with 122 eggs inside.)

Still, I was amused at what the grand prize winner was going to do with his $10k prize. Invest it? Go on a nice vacation? Get some more schooling? Home improvement project? Doesn't sound like it.

Florida teen captures 28 Burmese pythons, gets top prize

A 19-year-old South Florida man captured 28 Burmese pythons during a 10-day competition that was created to increase awareness about the threats the invasive snakes pose to the state's ecology.

Matthew Concepcion was among the 1,000 participants from 32 states, Canada and Latvia who participated in the annual challenge, which removed 231 of the unwanted pythons, the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission said in a news release. For his efforts, Concepcion was awarded the $10,000 Ultimate Grand Prize courtesy of the Bergeron Everglades Foundation.

Concepcion told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel that he's been hunting pythons for about five years, and typically looks for them at night because that's when they're on the move, seeking the warmth of roads. He uses his vehicle lights to spot them.

This year, however, he only spotted one on the roads in the Everglades, so he changed strategies. “I worked a levee, caught a couple hatchings, and was like, ‘Dang, this might be the ticket!’ So every single night from then on, I went out there — just before sundown to sunup.” Concepcion says he walked the canal, using a flashlight to probe the underbrush.

Concepcion said he may use some of his earnings to buy a powerful lighting setup for his truck, which will help him spot more snakes.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/flo ... 09099.html

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

That's just reinvesting the dividends, baby.