GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently December 14 19, 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12
Author Message
PostPosted: June 4 19, 10:33 pm 
Offline
"I could totally eat a person if it were a life/death situation"
User avatar

Joined: August 5 08, 11:24 am
Posts: 24353
Location: Thinking of the Children
I mean, it's like they don't even know the most basic thing in baseball.

You get 4 runs in the bottom of the 9th when down by 3 with a bloop, hbp, walk, blast. Who doesn't know that.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 7:11 am 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 30273
cabrera didn't have a single swinging strike last night.

amazing

meanwhile the yankees are the favorite to land keuchal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 7:16 am 
Offline
All Hail the New GDT Master
User avatar

Joined: April 26 11, 6:06 am
Posts: 23407
Location: Columbus, OH
Regardless of the fact that Cabrera needs more time in the minors to get his stuff where it needs to be; not going to win many games when the offense consists entirely of a lead off home run.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 7:19 am 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 30273
were not going to win alot of games when our pitching staff is nothing but hot doghs*t


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 7:22 am 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6867
nothing inspiring about this rotation or young guys coming up pitching wise


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 8:07 am 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: September 8 10, 2:57 pm
Posts: 14401
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
nothing inspiring about this rotation or young guys coming up pitching wise


That's why we're so inclined to draft a bunch of college hurlers. To make us forget how quickly our depth evaporated after Hudson and Jack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 9:11 am 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6867
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
nothing inspiring about this rotation or young guys coming up pitching wise


That's why we're so inclined to draft a bunch of college hurlers. To make us forget how quickly our depth evaporated after Hudson and Jack.

Hudson isn't [expletive]. Jack is all they have and he has some issues with the longball. Mikolas has a 4.68 FIP and is still hard to comp and project.

We have not only no depth, we have barely anything above replacement level.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 1:08 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer

Joined: September 8 10, 2:57 pm
Posts: 14401
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
nothing inspiring about this rotation or young guys coming up pitching wise


That's why we're so inclined to draft a bunch of college hurlers. To make us forget how quickly our depth evaporated after Hudson and Jack.

Hudson isn't [expletive]. Jack is all they have and he has some issues with the longball. Mikolas has a 4.68 FIP and is still hard to comp and project.

We have not only no depth, we have barely anything above replacement level.


Completely out of character, but I'm still hoping we can get someone closer to Kluber when Huddy adds another pitch(refines?), and a couple of years under his belt. If not, he's an elite roogy.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: June 5 19, 1:49 pm 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6867
MinorLeagueGuy wrote:
Completely out of character, but I'm still hoping we can get someone closer to Kluber when Huddy adds another pitch(refines?), and a couple of years under his belt. If not, he's an elite roogy.

He's Seth Maness with a more durable arm.

Hudson annoys me because all he has to [expletive] do is throw strikes. The contact is fine because he's a wormkiller groundball guy, supposedly. Though at MLB level, that seems to be not happening like it did in homer-happy PCL. But the dude walks way too much.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 119 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 23 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group