cubs signed kimbrel

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
go birds
-go birds

Re: cubs signed kimbrel

Post by go birds »

lol man so get this--since ben is going thru a divorce and on leave from the team, the cubs are using that money they would be paying ben to pay kimbrel

that's next level

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

go birds wrote:lol man so get this--since ben is going thru a divorce and on leave from the team, the cubs are using that money they would be paying ben to pay kimbrel

that's next level

I don’t get where you’re going with this

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Cardsforlife wrote:
go birds wrote:lol man so get this--since ben is going thru a divorce and on leave from the team, the cubs are using that money they would be paying ben to pay kimbrel

that's next level

They’re not paying Zobrist bc he headed home after some marital hanky panky by the missus came to light.

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

lukethedrifter wrote:
Cardsforlife wrote:

that's next level

They’re not paying Zobrist bc he headed home after some marital hanky panky by the missus came to light.

Got it. Wasn’t sure how that was next level

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Man. That sucks. I'd think he'd really need baseball and his teammates right now. Unless, of course, the other man was Addison Russell or Eddie Vedder or the guy that put the dreamcatchers in Joe's van.

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Man. That sucks. I'd think he'd really need baseball and his teammates right now. Unless, of course, the other man was Addison Russell or Eddie Vedder or the guy that put the dreamcatchers in Joe's van.

How do you Know they aren’t supporting him through whatever he’s going through? Because it’s not the Cards organization?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Cardsforlife wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Man. That sucks. I'd think he'd really need baseball and his teammates right now. Unless, of course, the other man was Addison Russell or Eddie Vedder or the guy that put the dreamcatchers in Joe's van.

How do you Know they aren’t supporting him through whatever he’s going through? Because it’s not the Cards organization?
Precisely. Only an organization as classy as the Cards would have teammates that supported each other. There's no BRef column measuring this yet, but if they ever answer my email, there sure will be.

Cardsforlife
Veteran Player

Post by Cardsforlife »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Cardsforlife wrote:

Precisely. Only an organization as classy as the Cards would have teammates that supported each other. There's no BRef column measuring this yet, but if they ever answer my email, there sure will be.

Nicely done