Rant or Rave? -your splurges.

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Rant or Rave? -your splurges.

Post by Freed Roger »

Rave Splurge - Cleaning people come every other week. It isn't a necessity, we aren't too importantly busy to clean ourselves. However, No regrets there. Satisfied enough that I raised their fee 10 % unasked. And it forces us into that pre-clean pick up

Rant Splurge - a 3rd car, for my kid (mild rant because we had to get a new car for my wifes work to qualify under their reimbursement plan. And bumped a car to her). Seems kind of unneccessary though, and the insurance!

I rarely regret travel/new experience splurges. Though I prefer to splurge off peak or low season for the lighter crowds and lower cost.

What say you?

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Re: Rant or Rave? -your splurges.

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

We too have a cleaner come every other week and mrs aw goes nutzo cleaning before they get there which drives me crazy. I mean, all they do is sweep, mop, vacuum, dust, clean the sinks/countertops, and fold clothes. Which means we have to pick everything up, do all the dishes which are usually done but still, clean all the clothes, clean off the countertops. [expletive], that's like half the work. [expletive] me. Still, well worth it to not have to sweep, mop, vacuum, etc.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

We don't have little ones like you. But Yeah, makes sense to clear the clutter so they can actually clean. I am good with this -while not organized in closets, I stash my crap away daily to an annointed space The shared mess, like dishes, stuff on countertops-i.e mail, and random bags of chips -i just jam into the pantry or trash before they come.

My wife though, she gets seasonally busier than me, and clearing away her clutter stresses her out.

I laugh at how when we pre-cleaned well enough, they do stuff i wouldnt expect like clean the fireplace ashes spotless, or organize my shoes in the closet.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

Rave: splurging on a great gym. There are basically four kinds of gyms where I live.
1. Discount Gym: Why does it always smell like pepperoni in here? (Planet Fitness, etc. $10/mo)
2. Basic Gym: We've Got Extra Stuff The Pepperoni Gyms Don't Have Like Showers And Some Classes But We're Not Exactly A Nice Place (X-Sport, 24 Hour Fitness, the local Y, $20-40/mo)
3. Athletic Club: We Have Almost Everything And A Staff Mentality That's Hospitality-First ($90-199/mo)
4. Athletic Country Club: We Have Literally Everything And Really It's Just Plain Luxury In Here Would You Like A Craft Cocktail And Some Ceviche On The Roof Deck After Your Workout? Or May We Reserve You A Conference Room For Your Next Sales Meeting? ($200+/mo)

I've belonged to 1, 2 and 3. Moving up and splurging on Level 3 was one of the best decisions I've made. I like going a lot, so I go 5X/week or more compared to 2X/week when I was at tier two above and hated the place and made excuses not to go. I've toured #4, I've thought about #4, but I can't bring myself to a $400/mo couples membership because I'm happy enough at Level 3.

IMADreamer
Has an anecdote about a townie he overheard.

Post by IMADreamer »

Rave: Mrs. Dreamer got a new (to her) car. It's just a couple year old civic, great economy, etc. This frees up the CTS-V for slightly less practical mods.

Rave: So the slightly less practical mods have been installed for about two weeks and I filled up tonight for the first time since them.

Rant: 18mpg.....