GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 130  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2020 Election
PostPosted: June 7 19, 1:30 pm 
bronoun enthusiast

It's just wild to me that aggressive climate change action is considered "leftist" or even partisan at this point. I can't wrap my mind around it.

PostPosted: June 7 19, 2:18 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

ghostrunner wrote:
After perusing it, Piketty does not seem to be arguing that centrists can't win.

I would say that his article does no such thing as provide "hard data" that a centrist can't win or that a hyper-liberal is required to win. But if someone puts that title to a blog post and gets it viral, you sure can convince people who will read the blog post but not the Piketty paper that that's what he's "proving."

Guys: stop passing off BS blog posts just because the title confirms a bias you hold.

PostPosted: June 7 19, 2:19 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

thrill wrote:
It's just wild to me that aggressive climate change action is considered "leftist" or even partisan at this point. I can't wrap my mind around it.

We're way past that. We're at the point where like 1/3 of the country considers calling POTUS out for siding with nazis to be "radical liberalism."

PostPosted: June 10 19, 4:46 am 
Consider him admonished

Say what now?

PostPosted: June 10 19, 8:30 am 
Replies Authoritatively

What's funny is Swalwell has been called the "Snapchat Congressman" or something like that, and is notable more than anything else for his use of social media, and now he'll be known to most Americans, as he tries to run for a seat that he's overwhelmingly unprepared for, for this boner of a move that went viral and into their world only because we have social media.

PostPosted: June 10 19, 8:32 am 
99% conan clips

no tie, relaxed look, he's so relatable!

PostPosted: June 10 19, 12:31 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Romney said he may not endorse any candidate for 2020 Pres. How courageous!

What do you all think? Is this better/worse/same as the full-on Trump-felatio support i.e. -Duncan Hunter, Lindsey Graham etc?

PostPosted: June 10 19, 12:47 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Biden gambles on high-risk primary strategy

If it seems like the former veep is running for the nomination of a different party than the rest of his rivals, that’s because he is.

By NATASHA KORECKI and MARC CAPUTO

06/10/2019 05:04 AM EDT

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/06/ ... gy-1358530

Quote:
If it seems like Joe Biden is running for the nomination of a different Democratic Party than the rest of his rivals, that’s because he is.

From his schedule, his messaging, to policy positions, the former vice president is carving a divergent path through the primaries based on a theory that few of his rivals appear to believe — that the Democratic base isn’t nearly as liberal or youthful as everyone thinks.

Quote:
Privately, several Biden advisers acknowledge that their theory of the case is rooted in polling data and voting trends that are in plain sight. They contend that the idea of a hyper-progressive Democratic electorate is advanced inaccurately by a media stuck in a bubble propagated by Twitter, and out of touch with the average rank-and-file Democrat.

Biden’s team points to recent polls, showing that a majority of the Democratic primary electorate identify as moderate or conservative, 56 percent is over 50 and nearly 60 percent are not college educated. And they point to the results of the 2018 midterm elections that they say saw moderate Democrats win their congressional and state primaries.

PostPosted: June 10 19, 3:29 pm 
Replies Authoritatively

Freed Roger wrote:
Romney said he may not endorse any candidate for 2020 Pres. How courageous!

What do you all think? Is this better/worse/same as the full-on Trump-felatio support i.e. -Duncan Hunter, Lindsey Graham etc?

Sorry, Mitt, did you vote yea or nay on Kavanaugh? And are you voting with Trump 20% of the time? 40% 70% Oh, it's closer to 80%? Gotcha. And is your niece Ronna McDaniel still the chair of the Republican National Committee? You know, the one that insisted the Dems should give away Harvey Weinstein's donations but who then, when Steve Wynn was found dirty as [expletive], said Wynn deserved "due process"? The same Ronna McDaniel who raised dough for Judge Roy Moore? She is still RNC chair? Ah. Ok. Yeah, I bet you're just Maverick AF here, right? Gonna tackle the dirt in the party your niece leads, sure thing.

PostPosted: June 10 19, 6:18 pm 
Perennial All-Star

Jeff Flake says he would vote for a Democrat over Trump and Bob Corker said he wasn’t voting for Trump again and would be interested in voting for what he called a “centrist Democrat.” Corker recently gave a speech in which he had positive things to say about Biden and Klobuchar. So how about it, Jeff and Bob, why don’t you endorse someone and campaign for them?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1294 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 92, 93, 94, 95, 96, 97, 98 ... 130  Next