6/10 GDT: Cardinals(Wacha)@Marlins(Alcantara) 6PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
jack76
Everyday Player

Re: 6/10 GDT: Cardinals(Wacha)@Marlins(Alcantara) 6PM CT

Post by jack76 »

MLB.com highlights the "Top Prospect Performers". The only solace I have today is from that site today:

"Cubs: No Cubs prospects had noteworthy performances on Sunday."

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:Conflicted because if we lost like, 20 of 30, that would ensure the canning of Mozeliak. No way it wouldn't.
Mo has made the Cardinals an extremely profitable business venture. I'm guessing his position may be the most secure of anyone in the organization outside the DeWitts.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:Conflicted because if we lost like, 20 of 30, that would ensure the canning of Mozeliak. No way it wouldn't.
Mo has made the Cardinals an extremely profitable business venture. I'm guessing his position may be the most secure of anyone in the organization outside the DeWitts.
Not if DeWitt wakes up. Losing may do that.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:Mo has made the Cardinals an extremely profitable business venture. I'm guessing his position may be the most secure of anyone in the organization outside the DeWitts.
I agree that the Cardinals are a profitable business venture and that DeWitt, as a businessman first and foremost, loves making money, but how long can the momentum really continue as apathy spreads? I'm not going to bring my pitchfork to Busch Stadium or anything, but the future looks pretty bleak at the moment. How do they expect the money to keep flowing in at the same level when the product is this bad?

If our front office has gotten to a point where the current situation - markedly subpar results on the field but good business results - is acceptable, I don't know what to say. That's not what made the Cardinals part of the fabric of St. Louis over the last 100+ years. I can't care if they don't.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i think mo's job is secure for a few more seasons of bland

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Even an incremental move towards threatening Mo's job should be in the cards. Like how when Luhnow/Mo moved up the chains during Jocketty's decline and the divisiveness that was created in the FO there.

[expletive] hire one of these hot shot Rays/Twins/Dodgers FO guys. We need new thinking injected in the front office.
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on June 10 19, 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Not if DeWitt wakes up. Losing may do that.
Don't shoot the messenger.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/does-mo ... 0e2ec.html
And when ownership makes a call on what direction or who they want to lead they'll take all of that into account -- status of the majors, strength of the minors, growth of the tech, advancement of analytics ... all of it -- and from ownership's viewpoint that has been Mozeliak's guidance. They call him "the GPS."

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

April 9th. His job was totally safe(r) then.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3

I don't know about that. The feeling I get by reading Goold and Langosch has touched on it as well is that Mo answers to no one except the Dewitts and the Dewitts are extremely content with him. In the link I posted, Goold flat out says it doesn't matter if the Cardinals miss the postseason, Mo won't be on the hot seat.

Now maybe that all changes over the course of the year or the next couple years. But, Mo isn't going to be fired this year or probably not even next year. And, he's certainly not going to get fired because of a couple months of the team underperforming.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Walt was DeWitt's guy until he wasn't.

Remember how shocking the Matheny firing was? Wasn't that long ago.

My point is that with this pisspoor pitching staff, we could actually start to fall really fast. And that would cause DeWitt to rethink Mo big time.

No one thought Brian Sabean/Bobby Evans years would ever come to an end in San Francisco either.
Last edited by Big Amoco Sign on June 10 19, 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.