6/11 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson)@Marlins(Hernandez) 6PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Cronos
In perpetuum

Re: 6/11 GDT: Cardinals(Hudson)@Marlins(Hernandez) 6PM CT

Post by Cronos »

He's a starter who's getting outs. We don't have a lot of those right now.

I would be stunned that people would still be complaining about that considering the state of the rotation, but the internet makes wondrous things a reality on a daily basis.
Last edited by Cronos on June 11 19, 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Cronos wrote:He's a starter who's getting outs. We don't have a lot of those right now.

I would be stunned that people would still be complaining about that considering the state of the rotation, but the internet makes wondrous things a reality on a daily basis.
Why does everyone have to be so positive re: a demosntrably crappy team? I've seen the song and dance where they win a few games while still hovering .500. I'm not impressed.

Hey remember this?
Cronos wrote:BAHAHAHAHAHAHA go the eff away Fowler. I am officially done.

cardinalsx
All-Star

Post by cardinalsx »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
cardinalsx wrote:
If he continues to lead the league in GB%, I’m less concerned about xFIP.
He has some of the worst peripherals in the game. Even in his past good month, it's been bad.

But of course, *if* that is the case, that'd be nice. I don't know many pitchers like that to comp to.
A pitcher who induces primarily one type of contact can outperform his peripherals consistently. The biggest difference with Hudson over the past month or so is that he’s cut down on the walks and kept the ball in the park. Possibly sustainable.

jagtrader
Hall Of Famer

Post by jagtrader »

cardinalsx wrote:
Joe Shlabotnik wrote:
jagtrader wrote:
cardinalsx wrote:Did Shildt just let Hudson bat with the bases loaded in the sixth?
Sure, easy call.
Only 70 pitches and he's been doing a good job. I'm ok with that Shildty decision.
Glad it worked out, of course, but Shildt continues to show he has no understanding of leverage index.
He knows about having to get 12 outs from his bullpen too often because his starters can't pitch deep into games.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

cardinalsx wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
cardinalsx wrote:
If he continues to lead the league in GB%, I’m less concerned about xFIP.
He has some of the worst peripherals in the game. Even in his past good month, it's been bad.

But of course, *if* that is the case, that'd be nice. I don't know many pitchers like that to comp to.
A pitcher who induces primarily one type of contact can outperform his peripherals consistently. The biggest difference with Hudson over the past month or so is that he’s cut down on the walks and kept the ball in the park. Possibly sustainable.
If you look at his SIERA and K-BB... the best you can hope for is Chacin/Chatwood. His floor is sub-MLB level. HR Rate is too volatile to make much of one way or another this early in his career.

Hope you're all right.

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Cronos wrote:He's a starter who's getting outs. We don't have a lot of those right now.

Why does everyone have to be so positive re: a demosntrably crappy team? I've seen the song and dance where they win a few games while still hovering .500. I'm not impressed.

Hey remember this?
How's Fowler doing lately?

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Cronos wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:

Hey remember this?
How's Fowler doing lately?
Did you miss tonight's game?

Cronos
In perpetuum

Post by Cronos »

Can you read? Lately. Not just tonight. As in in the last few weeks or the last month.

You seem to be ignoring that, but that's not surprising given that you're completely ignoring Hudson's month. Seems rather selective, for some reason. Hmmmmmm.

Had to dig a little deep there to find that quote. Or maybe you remember it specifically for a reason, since I haven't posted here in quite a while. For a reason.
Last edited by Cronos on June 11 19, 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MinorLeagueGuy
The Angst is Real

Post by MinorLeagueGuy »

Hey man, hit that mutherfather reset button, and move forward with an Aug 2018-esque run. We have a real shot to be 10 games over at the break!