GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently September 19 19, 6:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
PostPosted: May 4 19, 10:35 am 
Hall Of Famer

Lord

PostPosted: May 4 19, 11:35 am 
Don't tone police me bro!

ghostrunner wrote:
Schlich wrote:
I hope she does. maybe then going after someone's record wont be viewed as dirty politics just cuz bernie dared to do so in 2016. stupid stupid stupid.

He was super easy on her. And vice versa really. At least between the two of them directly, my recollection is that it was a pretty civil and polite primary apart from a few specific moments.

exactly

PostPosted: May 14 19, 11:03 am 
Hall Of Famer

I think he's likely to keep tripping over himself like this

PostPosted: May 14 19, 11:13 am 
bronoun enthusiast

What a scumbag.

PostPosted: June 11 19, 10:51 pm 
Hall Of Famer

He’s really leaning in to this bull

PostPosted: June 12 19, 8:00 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Is the angle here the opposite of calling Trumpists deplorables? Is it just like hey you're all fine, it's fine, you voted for this guy but you didn't mean it, you're not bad people, please vote for me, I'll work with your side even though your side has no desire to work with me, it's all fine?

PostPosted: June 12 19, 8:03 am 
Hall Of Famer

Biden is basically running as a Republican.

PostPosted: June 12 19, 8:25 am 
Hall Of Famer

33anda3rd wrote:
Is the angle here the opposite of calling Trumpists deplorables? Is it just like hey you're all fine, it's fine, you voted for this guy but you didn't mean it, you're not bad people, please vote for me, I'll work with your side even though your side has no desire to work with me, it's all fine?

I could see an argument for that as a way to get votes, but he’s suggesting that Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy are just going to get along with him for reasons. Obama seemed to have the truth of that figured out by his second term, and Biden is implicitly suggesting he can do what Obama couldn’t. I’d jump all over that if I was another candidate.

PostPosted: June 12 19, 8:43 am 
Replies Authoritatively

ghostrunner wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:

I could see an argument for that as a way to get votes, but he’s suggesting that Mitch McConnell and Kevin McCarthy are just going to get along with him for reasons. Obama seemed to have the truth of that figured out by his second term, and Biden is implicitly suggesting he can do what Obama couldn’t. I’d jump all over that if I was another candidate.

Yeah, totally agree. The GOP timeline of the last decade is composed of obstructionism under Obama then passing everything on their wish list over the top of Dems under Trump in their first Congressional term. Now they're kind of locked because Pelosi has the House and is a badass. Stuff like Garland should be crystal clear indicators that the GOP is not willing to work with even the most moderate proposals from the other side of the aisle and should make Biden's promises to work with them appear hollow.

I think there are two things Biden needs scrutiny over.
1. How on earth do you expect us to swallow that you can get these GOP obstructionists under Obama to work with you?
2. Very specific issues. Will you restore the EPA? How? What will you do to reverse Trump/Pruitt tearing it apart? Will you restore the Dept of Ed? How? What will you do to reverse DeVos nonsense? Will you aggressively protect Roe v Wade? What are you going to do about gun regulation so we can stem the tide of these mass killings? And a lot more. I don't like that he's not doing a lot of town halls and stuff like Warren is. I think the willingness to go in front of people who ask you very tough specific questions about their lives and your proposals tells a lot, and that Warren keeps doing it (and Mayor Pete to be fair) and Biden does not just makes him look like he has to hide behind a lack of policy and substance.

PostPosted: June 18 19, 8:38 pm 
Hall Of Famer

It’s not just Biden’s centrism that annoys me, it’s who he wants to reassure.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next