TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: TV Thread - beware, [expletive] can get spoilery

Post by go birds »

dumbest show i've ever watched. loved every minute of it

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

The Tim Robinson School Of Comedy: find the character's want then attack that want and don't let go of it, no matter what. That opening scene where he insists the door opens both ways, and that MAGNIFICENT scene with Gary Richardson in the restaurant where he won't save himself from choking, sum up his ethos really well.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

Create a normal social interaction where a tiny bit awkwardness is added and then lean so far into the awkwardness that you drive it off a cliff.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Those orgasm sounds you keep hearing are your high-taste friends and neighbors logging into Netflix and finding a Thom Yorke music video directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. The game is: will they admit the Thom Yorke song is just atrocious, or will they claim the lame just don't 'get it'?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Those orgasm sounds you keep hearing are your high-taste friends and neighbors logging into Netflix and finding a Thom Yorke music video directed by Paul Thomas Anderson. The game is: will they admit the Thom Yorke song is just atrocious, or will they claim the lame just don't 'get it'?
Do you like the soundtracks the Radiohead guitarist Jonny Greenwood does for PT Anderson's last few movies?

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

I guess I haven't seen a PTA movie since There Will Be Blood. Dang. I need to catch up. I thought the music for TWBB was ok but just a bit weird, like too dramatic and heavy in spots. But it was interesting. Looking at the IMDb, I didn't realize PTA did so many music videos.

One of the Thom Yorke songs came up for me on Spotify. It was a disaster. When Kendrick Lamar won the Pulitzer I looked up the previous winner, and it took a little shine off of Lamar's win. Yorke's song reminded me of that. Angel's Bone by Du Yun. I dare you to watch it. Music for the sake of not being the least bit accessible.

Now if Wes Anderson does a Vampire Weekend video today, you'll need a canoe to get around SE Portland for all the ejaculate.

I like all these things (at least Radiohead, if not Yorke's solo stuff), but I Iike making jokes about their fans nearly as much.

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Now if Wes Anderson does a Vampire Weekend video today, you'll need a canoe to get around SE Portland for all the ejaculate.
If that never materializes, at least they have the Michael Schur video that's inspired by a David Foster Wallace novel of a Decembrists song.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

33anda3rd wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Now if Wes Anderson does a Vampire Weekend video today, you'll need a canoe to get around SE Portland for all the ejaculate.
If that never materializes, at least they have the Michael Schur video that's inspired by a David Foster Wallace novel of a Decembrists song.
IF YOU PEOPLE ARE MOCKING THE INFINITE JEST VIDEO FOR CALAMITY SONG I WILL HAVE YOU BANNED, THEN GUTTED

(btw Schur allegedly owns the film rights to Infinite Jest, so that could be a thing that happens someday)

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »