Goldschmidt

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Re: Goldschmidt

Post by sighyoung »

MinorLeagueGuy wrote:There's been talk that the pressure of performing after signing has mounted. And that he's chased that frustration with a ton of work\watching video. Probably not something he's ever had to do; there's an art to balancing all that. When those haven't worked, Alberts always there to overload you with facts and stats..
I'm imagining a bunch of Gordon Ramsay-style memes with Jeff Albert yelling advice at Goldschmidt.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:Is this his worst half ever, or at least since he was young?
Has anyone compared his underwhelmitude with Tino's?
Just a couple questions I have.

Please retitle the thread 'Pyriteschmidt'. It's going to catch on goddamit.
oh man, the Tino reference has been made. Now I am scared........also, it had me searching GRB for some Tino references.
RC21 wrote:
The Tino Martinez Special

For $35, you get a plate of generic baked beans. For an additional $10, you can pay the bus boy to take the plate away when you're done.
Actually, the thread is pretty good to revisit.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I don't know if these will stay up long.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:As rest of your info shows, this isn't really a question. Once a weakness is exposed the whole league is on to it in a short while.
Still, from 2011-2018 no one thought to throw him a changeup or breaking ball? Or to bust him inside with fastballs?

Seems like it's just a case of father time taking his toll on Goldy's ability to hit.
Yep, this is unfortunately where I'm landing. I really don't think the "magic blueprint" was suddenly delivered to all of our opponents this offseason - more likely to attribute it to a measure of decline exacerbated by frustration.

He could definitely get Tino'd if things don't change.

jack76
Everyday Player

Post by jack76 »

ThatGuy wrote:
AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:As rest of your info shows, this isn't really a question. Once a weakness is exposed the whole league is on to it in a short while.
Still, from 2011-2018 no one thought to throw him a changeup or breaking ball? Or to bust him inside with fastballs?

Seems like it's just a case of father time taking his toll on Goldy's ability to hit.
Yep, this is unfortunately where I'm landing. I really don't think the "magic blueprint" was suddenly delivered to all of our opponents this offseason - more likely to attribute it to a measure of decline exacerbated by frustration.

He could definitely get Tino'd if things don't change.
You mean our exciting 21-year old outfielder will push him off 1B as Carlson launches a Pujolsian career. Well, Paul seems like a great guy, but this is an acceptable outcome.

ThatGuy
Perennial All-Star

Post by ThatGuy »

Eh ... more like fans end up having less than positive feelings for him.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

thats good

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

AWvsCBsteeeerike3 wrote:
Freed Roger wrote:
ThatGuy wrote:Bernie's new column dives into Goldschmidt's troubles. Important stuff:

At this point, I think my main question is why the magic blueprint for stifling Paul Goldschmidt all of a sudden became available to every pitcher in the league this year.
As rest of your info shows, this isn't really a question. Once a weakness is exposed the whole league is on to it in a short while.

yes. Same sort of thing - they onto the weakness -probably partially age-induced, and he's going to get a steady diet of breaking balls.

Time for the roids.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Freed Roger wrote:Time for the roids.
I'd settle for hemorrhoids at this point. They worked for George Brett.