2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
go birds
-go birds

Re: 2019 Concerts Thread (updated before luke yells at me)

Post by go birds »

until jack flaherty learns to put hitters away this type of [expletive] will happen.

every.

single.

game.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

go birds wrote:until jack flaherty learns to put hitters away this type of [expletive] will happen.

every.

single.

game.
JACK FLAHERTY and the MELTDOWN INNING.

We've seen this show before

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

lmao....wrong thread

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

GeddyWrox wrote:They did 46 and 2 and Vicarious. I don't remember hearing HwaP. They also skipped Sober, of all songs. Also skipped Ticks and Leeches, which I was hoping to hear.
He can’t hit those screams live anymore; tears up his throat too much. Was an amazing concert, though. Truly a spiritual experience every time. Thought the two new songs sounded awesome live, too, compared to the cell phone video I had seen. Can’t wait for the album.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

Swirls wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
Tim wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:Tool put on a great show. They need to ditch the opening act and play another hour. Seriously. They left out several songs that I was shocked they didn't get to.
46 and 2?
Vicarious?
Hooker with a Penis?
So, just found the full set list on reddit:

Ænema
The Pot
Parabol/a
Descending
Schism
Invincible
Jambi
Intolerance
Forty Six & 2

15 min. Intermission

CCTrip (Danny's Drum Solo)
Vicarious
(-) Ions / Stinkfist
The wife and I saw them a couple summers ago when they were in town and their opening act was a jazzy-ish blues band. It provided quite a bit of stark contrast to Tool themselves. The show was still fantastic though (only the second time ever that my wife has cried at a concert, and the other time was when she was 13 seeing N'SYNC).

We also saw Tool last summer at an outdoor music festival where Maynard sang on back-to-back nights. Tool was the overall Sunday night headliner, but A Perfect Circle played on Saturday night right before their headliner (Avenged Sevenfold). Only the second time ever that APC/Tool have played on back-to-back nights. I was kinda hoping that Puscifer would have played as well lol.
I saw A Perfect Circle a few years ago and the opening act was a lucha libre wrestling match.

Swirls
gone fission

Post by Swirls »

Excellent.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

X was eh, ok. Femmes were freaking awesome.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

Sell everything you own and go see Kingfish. He's a miracle. I was there to see one of the Nevilles. But Kingfish pours it out and it's true and you can feel it. I watched a little Cyril Neville, but then spent the rest of his set in line to shake Kingfish's hand.

Sugarray Rayford was a very cool show too.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

I saw The 1975 and Chvrches this year and they were both good as hell. The 1975 show was in a big outdoor venue. They went for more of a spectacle, and pulled it off to a good degree. Their stage and lights were really cool and I felt like some of their songs worked better live than in a studio. Chvrches was at the other extreme - it was at a much smaller indoor venue and it was packed. They've been touring for damn near 2 years so they were like a well-oiled machine.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

I watched a Chvrches concert on Audience Network and really enjoyed the heck out of it.