Cutting the Cable/Satellite Cord

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
Jocephus
99% conan clips

Re: Cutting the Cable/Satellite Cord

Post by Jocephus »

stranger things 3 proves they will just add commercials into the episode plot for streaming services that don't have traditional commercials. [expletive] disgusting. i'm still baffled that i pay a premium price for mlb.tv and they have to inject commercials in between. they didn't for like the first 6-7 years i bought it but these last 2 years they decided they weren't making enough money. i thought that was the trade off, i pay a premium, then you just give me the games/content sans commercials. NOPE. gotta be sold [expletive] i don't need at every possible moment.

side rant i suppose.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Jocephus wrote:stranger things 3 proves they will just add commercials into the episode plot for streaming services that don't have traditional commercials. [expletive] disgusting. i'm still baffled that i pay a premium price for mlb.tv and they have to inject commercials in between. they didn't for like the first 6-7 years i bought it but these last 2 years they decided they weren't making enough money. i thought that was the trade off, i pay a premium, then you just give me the games/content sans commercials. NOPE. gotta be sold [expletive] i don't need at every possible moment.

side rant i suppose.
what's hilarious about the commercials on MLB.tv are that they are *always* crystal clear while their product rarely ever works properly for an extended period of time.

I mean i get it, the commercials aren't live-streaming, but still, seems like adding insult to injury.

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

I actually don't mind the commercials during commercial breaks on MLB.tv or NHL GameCenter. When they go to just silence, it is kinda creepy. I do however mind when they only have one commercial that they play at every single break.

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Popeye_Card wrote:I actually don't mind the commercials during commercial breaks on MLB.tv or NHL GameCenter. When they go to just silence, it is kinda creepy. I do however mind when they only have one commercial that they play at every single break.
I've never understood that. Really no one else wanted to buy some ad time?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Gashouse wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I actually don't mind the commercials during commercial breaks on MLB.tv or NHL GameCenter. When they go to just silence, it is kinda creepy. I do however mind when they only have one commercial that they play at every single break.
I've never understood that. Really no one else wanted to buy some ad time?
I think the reason for those breaks with 'no' commercials is because they just take the feed from whatever team broadcast you chose and there are always blocks of ads sold for local ads which will not get shown outside of the local broadcast area for the channel and you only see the national ads.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

tubi is a free streaming service with limited ads, has multiple device compatibility

and hey, it has MXC so i'm good
The service provides more than 12,000 titles,[3] including movies and TV shows from studios such as Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Lionsgate, Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures.[4] Tubi is a free, ad-supported service, with advertisements shown during commercial breaks in between programming.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubi

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

Oh sweet thanks

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Jocephus wrote:tubi is a free streaming service with limited ads, has multiple device compatibility

and hey, it has MXC so i'm good
The service provides more than 12,000 titles,[3] including movies and TV shows from studios such as Paramount Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Lionsgate, Warner Bros. and Universal Pictures.[4] Tubi is a free, ad-supported service, with advertisements shown during commercial breaks in between programming.[5]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tubi
The best part of Tubi is it's basically watching movies through your library so its totally free. I'm fine with watching a few ads if its free. I only have a problem with paying for a service and still seeing ads.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

DirecTV is our only choice. Our internet max speed is only 10 mbps (generally comes in around 5 or 6) so streaming would be a crapshoot. We usually have to take some devices off WiFi when we stream.

Any suggestions?

33anda3rd
Replies Authoritatively

Post by 33anda3rd »

One of the best things about NBA League Pass is the downtime. Usually the broadcast cuts away to local commercials, and the local commercials are often kind of fun to watch--this is what is being advertised in Orlando, Oklahoma City, Portland, Memphis, etc.--and you always get the full halftime stuff on court plus a lot of time out on-court stuff, like little kids playing basketball, little kid dance squads, adult women dance squads, adults doing dumb stuff to win t-shirts, people trying to make three shots for cash. It's pretty great.