The Juiced Ball Committee

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Re: The Juiced Ball Committee

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

The solution couldn't be more simple. Have the starting pitcher and the number three batter from each team serve as QA Leads at Rawlings for the production of the balls to be used for that game. Make sure the pills are centered appropriately and so forth.

Plan B would be have Kate Upton do it.

If anyone wants to give me notes on Juiced! A Musical, the script still needs some work. Starring Boy George as ManFred.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Swings and misses are so much fun.

(joke)
Pitchers getting Ks is an exciting element of the game. I'd argue more than balls-batted-into-play outs.

Don't worry, GMs are going to collectively counter soon enough. Already seeing it with the Astros. Contact rate is second best in baseball. K rate is way down compared to rest of baseball.
Astros also have the highest wRC+ in baseball. The Angels and Astros are the only teams with a K rate less than 20%, and they are both below 18%.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

pioneer98 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:Swings and misses are so much fun.

(joke)
Pitchers getting Ks is an exciting element of the game. I'd argue more than balls-batted-into-play outs.

Don't worry, GMs are going to collectively counter soon enough. Already seeing it with the Astros. Contact rate is second best in baseball. K rate is way down compared to rest of baseball.
Astros also have the highest wRC+ in baseball. The Angels and Astros are the only teams with a K rate less than 20%, and they are both below 18%.
Yes, that's my point.

They went after guys like Brantley (who epitomizes this ideology) and their whole org is focusing on contact over Ks. Contrasting to the Dodgers and Cubs since 2016 who have much higher K rates. The difference between the Cardinals and Astros is mostly park related, at least hitting wise, IMO. Sure Astros have more ISO, but I think hitters hitting many pop ups into foul territory has a big effect on STL hitting. Especially for players who aren't used to playing there a long time like Ozuna, Goldschmidt, etc.

https://fantasy.fangraphs.com/2018-stat ... e-factors/ look who's atop the list. Astros near the bottom.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

STL is at the top of the list for both fly balls and line drives. Not sure what to make of that.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

pioneer98 wrote:STL is at the top of the list for both fly balls and line drives. Not sure what to make of that.
They hit a lot of line drives and fly balls.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

The International League (AAA) just tied its HR total from last year.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Uptick in home runs attributed to seam heights and batting techniques, not juiced balls
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/282 ... iced-balls