GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 19 19, 5:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: May 28 19, 5:22 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7688
Location: Chicago, IL
thrill wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Another angle on this attitude I'm developing toward Sanders: he's been running as the green/progressive/DSA choice for President for about 4 years now. Why hasn't he given us something as detailed and thoughtful as AOC's Green New Deal, which she accomplished in like 2 months on the job? Why does he exist in soundbites of "The rich don't need this much" and "Healthcare for all" and not in policy as a guy who's been in government a long time? His are ideas that we are all behind, that's why we fell for Bernie, but he's never put any policy behind them. That's why I'm fully on board with Warren at this point.

Couple things.
1) What's this we stuff? We fell for Bernie?
2) Bernie has plenty of policy proposals on his record and but to your point, he's been essential in getting progressives like AOC elected and has been very actively campaigning. I'm sure this isn't news to you regardless of the false premise you're using to criticize Bernie here, but AOC, Elizabeth Warren, etc, they all have policy teams. AOC didn't draft the GND herself. She's the face of it, but that was the Sunrise Movement. You know think tanks and policy wonks exist. Why are you acting like they don't when it's convenient to criticize Bernie? Because you don't like him. Which is fine, but I'm still going to call [expletive] on your [expletive].


I don’t mean we fell for Bernie, like, we were tricked by Bernie. I mean we fell in love with Bernie. I like Bernie, and his policies. I’ve said on here before, I gave the personal max to Bernie in 2016. I went to a Bernie rally. I phonebanked. So did my wife. But we are giving it to Warren this time.

I’m criticizing Bernie because I’ve no longer fallen in love with him. There’s a link I posted in the Election 2020 thread this AM about Warren and the amount of policy and legislation she’s filing. It’s 2X Bernie.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 1 19, 11:13 am 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6616
Bernie has the biggest movement right now. It counters the dems and some of you eat up the anti-Bernie establishment media takes.

I'm all for Bernie/Warren ticket. But Bernie has to be the candidate. He will school Trump in the debates. He has the best policy hands down. Trump will run "Pocahontas" ads if Warren is the nominee 6000 times before election day. He will run tons of ads of video of Biden, if he's the nominee, touching little girls inappropriately and cruise to a landslide victory.

He can't defeat Bernie. Need a true grassroots leftist movement. None of this Republican-in-disguise [expletive].


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 8 19, 10:17 pm 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6616


Bernie has always been right


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 1:17 pm 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6616


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 6:54 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7688
Location: Chicago, IL
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bernie has always been right


Except on guns.

And states rights.

And singing shirtless and drunk in the USSR with some old-school USSR communists.

And some other stuff you don't want to cop to because he's your boy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 7:25 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21618
Location: Chicago
Bernie/Biden. That ticket would tick all the boxes. The irony of it would even win over Twitter.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 7:30 pm 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6616
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bernie has always been right


Except on guns.

And states rights.

And singing shirtless and drunk in the USSR with some old-school USSR communists.

And some other stuff you don't want to cop to because he's your boy.

I agree with him on all those things. Which communists are you talking? Shirtless and drunk is a crime now? Sounds cool to me.

What did the USSR do that USA hasn't done also but worse?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 7:32 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7688
Location: Chicago, IL
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
33anda3rd wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Bernie has always been right


Except on guns.

And states rights.

And singing shirtless and drunk in the USSR with some old-school USSR communists.

And some other stuff you don't want to cop to because he's your boy.

I agree with him on all those things. Which communists are you talking? Shirtless and drunk is a crime now? Sounds cool to me.

What did the USSR do that USA hasn't done also but worse?


Shirtless and drunk won't play too well on Trump ads in the scenario in which your can't-lose gut gets the nom.

And siding with Cold War Era USSR communists is a bad look, full stop.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 7:35 pm 
Offline
Sucking on the Rally Nipple
User avatar

Joined: April 16 06, 6:03 pm
Posts: 21618
Location: Chicago
So it's come to this.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bernie
PostPosted: July 16 19, 9:25 pm 
Offline
Replies Authoritatively
User avatar

Joined: April 7 13, 9:45 am
Posts: 7688
Location: Chicago, IL
G. Keenan wrote:
So it's come to this.


Extreme and polarized views? In America?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group