All Hail the GDT Master

Re: Random musings

Post by CardsofSTL »

Uncle CardsofSTL is about to flip out.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

This afternoon it was my turn in the rotation to take notes during our weekly team meeting. As soon as I started typing out the date at the top it hit me.

Today is my 22nd anniversary working for this same company. I've been working full time here since I started in the call center on July 15, 1997. I was 19 and still going to school but knew I wasn't going back to Ames for my sophomore year. Things have really changed around here in 22 years. Then again, my life in general sure has changed a lot too.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

CardsofSTL wrote:Uncle CardsofSTL is about to flip out.

Tim
Consider him admonished

Post by Tim »

tlombard wrote:This afternoon it was my turn in the rotation to take notes during our weekly team meeting. As soon as I started typing out the date at the top it hit me.

Today is my 22nd anniversary working for this same company. I've been working full time here since I started in the call center on July 15, 1997. I was 19 and still going to school but knew I wasn't going back to Ames for my sophomore year. Things have really changed around here in 22 years. Then again, my life in general sure has changed a lot too.
You get a commemorative pen at least? Maybe a watch?

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

Tim wrote:
tlombard wrote:This afternoon it was my turn in the rotation to take notes during our weekly team meeting. As soon as I started typing out the date at the top it hit me.

You get a commemorative pen at least? Maybe a watch?
Nothing for 22 years. I got a nice gas grill for my 20th and If I'm still around in three years then I'll get to pick from a set of choices again since they give something every 5 years and each year the value of the gift goes up. For 20 years I chose the gas grill just because of the choices, it was the one thing that I would never spend over $300 on myself. Golf clubs (wedges and a putter, or fairway woods, etc.), TVs, camping gear, watches... I'd spend money on all of those. I will never spend good money on a gas grill though.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I got my 20 year pin at 23.5ish years.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

I got a 10 year plaque at year 11 and they backdated the plaque to say 2017 even though I got it in '18. Chumps.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

i think i get my 10 year something or whatever this year (though technically i'm on year 11)...i think i just get like a piece of paper, woo

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

someone brought a bag of these in the work kitchen. i guess its the grain alcohol version of chips.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Had some of those when I was working in Des Moines this winter. They were... not good.