i'd appreciate harry doyle's partner, monte
Monte : Fly ball,

[sees the Red Sox right fielder catch the ball]

Monte : caught.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Re: Brad Thompson and Economy with Words

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Dan wrote:You gotta think this situation calls for going to one of your left handed relievers.
Brad wrote:In this situation, Tony would have gone to a lefty. And I know that from first hand experience because I was a bad right handed pitcher.
Dan wrote: Fastball strike one on the edge at 96. How about these relievers today Brad?
Brad wrote: Tell you what, they're something else. I threw 8 days a week and sat 88. Tony just wanted outs.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Dan wrote:This inning brought to you by Ted Drewes Frozen Custard. I had a strawberry shortcake there yesterday, and boy was it great and helped beat the heat. If the Cards score this inning enjoy half off!
Brad wrote:The vanilla is spectacular.

pioneer98
Hall Of Famer

Post by pioneer98 »

I think you are right on with your comments about Thompson, sigh.

And the Pirates announcers talking about the "unwritten rules" and being "old school" when Munoz stole the two bases made me cringe. The cringiest part was when they showed Wainwright on deck, and the announcers were like "Now there's a guy who's old school. You know he wouldn't like someone stealing when up by 7" or something along those lines. Yikes.

cardsfantx
Hall Of Famer

Post by cardsfantx »

CardsofSTL wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote: I use Twitter; I don't hate it. But I don't give the opinion of a bunch of screaming tweetists a lot of weight.
My point was that they are a laughing stock announcer group.

You're going to get backlash from social media or otherwise when you constantly pine for the "good ol days."
In my day a man could talk about the good old days without getting lashed across the back.
I had a friend was a big baseball player, back in high school. He could throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool. Saw him the other night at this roadside bar. I was walking in, he was walking out. We went back inside sat down had a few drinks, but all he kept talking about was glory days.

GeddyWrox
Caught you a delicious bass

Post by GeddyWrox »

cardsfantx wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
CardsofSTL wrote: I use Twitter; I don't hate it. But I don't give the opinion of a bunch of screaming tweetists a lot of weight.
My point was that they are a laughing stock announcer group.

You're going to get backlash from social media or otherwise when you constantly pine for the "good ol days."
In my day a man could talk about the good old days without getting lashed across the back.
I had a friend was a big baseball player, back in high school. He could throw that speed ball by you, make you look like a fool. Saw him the other night at this roadside bar. I was walking in, he was walking out. We went back inside sat down had a few drinks, but all he kept talking about was glory days.
Uncle Rico: If coach had put me in, we woulda won state! Betcha I can throw this ball over them mountains.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

redbirdjazzz wrote:I wouldn't mind hearing him try play-by-play, especially with Jimmy doing color.
No. No, no. Really. No.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

When you guys say you like Brad Thompson, you just mean you don’t want to see him executed, right? You don’t actually like him, do you?

I don’t buy the radio show excuse. He’s a motor mouth, clever guy, who never has anything of substance to say. That’s why he’s on that show.

dan_yall
Veteran Player

Post by dan_yall »

Brad Thompson is a chinless nerd with an annoying voice. That's why he sucks. Jim Edmonds is a cool guy who f*cks. That's why he's great. It's how the world works, fellas.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

dan_yall wrote:Brad Thompson is a chinless nerd with an annoying voice. That's why he sucks. Jim Edmonds is a cool guy who f*cks. That's why he's great. It's how the world works, fellas.
Edmonds is a piece of [expletive] who cheats on his wife and then tried to [expletive] her over.

But yeah he's better, I agree.