Random musings

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Re: Random musings

Post by Freed Roger »

Free Busch beer for life Anyone?

I am not sure I would want free any one beer for life.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/busc ... ret-pop-up

redbirdjazzz
Perennial All-Star

Post by redbirdjazzz »

Freed Roger wrote:Free Busch beer for life Anyone?

I am not sure I would want free any one beer for life.

https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/busc ... ret-pop-up
If somebody wanted to give me free Fuller's ESB or Samuel Smith's Organic Pale Ale for life, I wouldn't mind too much, but those are actual beers, not stale popcorn steeped in seltzer water and urine.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

True story; i dang near headed down for this thing.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

I kind of want to see what the deal is, but definitely don't want to give Fox News a click.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Local restaurant Grace Meat + 3 handed me a free beer on Father's Day. Hit the spot.

tlombard
tl;dr

Post by tlombard »

My boss clearly does not share my care free attitude when it comes to scheduling travel and willingness to take the route that isn't necessarily the most direct and it can cause some hilarious reactions as far as I'm concerned.

I recently booked my travel to Boston next month and today when he saw the email for him to approve, he immediately sent me an IM that just started, "Tony! What are you doing? Why are you flying into Rhode Island???"

Once I explained that Providence was only an hour via train, costs only $10 for that train and was the best option when it comes to getting in early enough to still be able to make the game without flying in earlier Saturday and spending another $250 night at the hotel, he agreed that it wasn't as crazy as he first thought. It isn't my money so I shouldn't care about what it costs but still, I find it oddly entertaining to get creative and find ways to save money and have a little adventure at the same time. I freely admit that I am a weird one.

Some of the other options that were presented to me involved multiple connections and were even more expensive. One option had me flying from St. Louis to Denver with a layover and then from Denver to LAX with a layover and then flying from LAX to Boston. I really don't want to be on planes that flipping long. Forget that mess.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

tlombard wrote:My boss clearly does not share my care free attitude when it comes to scheduling travel and willingness to take the route that isn't necessarily the most direct and it can cause some hilarious reactions as far as I'm concerned.

I recently booked my travel to Boston next month and today when he saw the email for him to approve, he immediately sent me an IM that just started, "Tony! What are you doing? Why are you flying into Rhode Island???"

Once I explained that Providence was only an hour via train, costs only $10 for that train and was the best option when it comes to getting in early enough to still be able to make the game without flying in earlier Saturday and spending another $250 night at the hotel, he agreed that it wasn't as crazy as he first thought. It isn't my money so I shouldn't care about what it costs but still, I find it oddly entertaining to get creative and find ways to save money and have a little adventure at the same time. I freely admit that I am a weird one.

Some of the other options that were presented to me involved multiple connections and were even more expensive. One option had me flying from St. Louis to Denver with a layover and then from Denver to LAX with a layover and then flying from LAX to Boston. I really don't want to be on planes that flipping long. Forget that mess.
Don't

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

One of my partners just showed up to a 2 hr mandatory meeting with the entire pot of coffee from the office kitchen. Total boss move.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

I had an appointment two weeks ago to get my haircut and I had to cancel it because of a work conflict. I haven't been able to get in to see my usual barber because apparently he has become popular enough that you have to schedule your appointments about a month in advance. So I went to Not so Great Clips and she scalped me. It will grow back; but blah.

AWvsCBsteeeerike3
"I could totally eat a pig butt, if smoked correctly!"

Post by AWvsCBsteeeerike3 »

lukethedrifter wrote:I totally disagree that free stuff is always worth it. Usually it isn’t.
Free stuff, like the clap, is totally not worth it.