8/7 GDT: Cardinals(Flaherty)@Dodgers(May) 2:10 PM CT

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: 8/7 GDT: Cardinals(Flaherty)@Dodgers(May) 2:10 PM CT

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

haltz wrote:Is that the one where they throw balls into a trash can with Fred McGriff?
har har

Everything about Wieters's form there sucks. Reaching across his body. The hesitation after he realizes his mistake. It's a bad play. And could have/probably cost the game.

Little things. You got a slider pitcher up and your knee is on the ground and you're reaching across... awful.

This is how you prepare for an outside slider?

Move your damn body Matt

haltz
Hall Of Famer

Post by haltz »

That's how you prepare for a slider that's supposed to be buried, not three feet off the plate hitting the dirt behind you. It's possible a catcher stabs it like Weiters tried to do, but no one slides over to block that pitch (it wasn't even bouncing until it was by him). Carlos's stuff is too nasty and he missed by a lot.

Oringinally I replied to a post where you said he didn't even extend his arm for it which went unaddressed as usual so whatever.
Last edited by haltz on August 7 19, 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

No it's not how you prepare for a pitch that is away. We all know Carlos's putaway slider. He's thrown that pitch for years.

w/r/t reaching for it, he waved at it and the ball is past his glove by time full arm extend happens. Nothing intentionally unaddressed because there's lot to get to with what you said.

Jayramball04
All-Star

Post by Jayramball04 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
haltz wrote:Is that the one where they throw balls into a trash can with Fred McGriff?
har har

Everything about Wieters's form there sucks. Reaching across his body. The hesitation after he realizes his mistake. It's a bad play. And could have/probably cost the game.

Little things. You got a slider pitcher up and your knee is on the ground and you're reaching across... awful.

Move your damn body Matt
well if its a slider coming i agree , the play was lost in preparation for it , he was in bad postion if that was suppose to be the pitch, he does puts glove on corner....

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:This is the kind of thing the Dodgers do to win games with infielders when the game is on the line: https://www.mlb.com/video/dodgers-use-w ... c-35789081

Mo and Shildt are miles behind the curve.
That was 5 years ago in a different situation.

dmarx114
Hall Of Famer

Post by dmarx114 »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
har har

Move your damn body Matt
I agree that Wieters did not attempt to properly block that ball. I am inclined to believe it would have been a wild pitch anyway, but he didn’t give himself a chance to stop it.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Yeah my bad on the 4 infielder thing.

Deleted but you caught it!

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

dmarx114 wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
har har

Move your damn body Matt
I agree that Wieters did not attempt to properly block that ball. I am inclined to believe it would have been a wild pitch anyway, but he didn’t give himself a chance to stop it.
Maybe but I would feel better if he tried.

This is a game day thread which is why I kept complaint posts here.

I just know you’re not supposed to lay the knee down and glove out. Even as a right handed glove.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »