Albums from your youth that need no revisiting

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: Albums from your youth that need no revisiting

Post by lukethedrifter »

Gashouse wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote:
Nirvana Unplugged- I may just ruin this for you. The guitar sounds terrible. Like the strings aren't held down hard enough.
Oddly enough, I listened to this again recently and was loving it. Was thinking about putting it in the other thread.
I’m a fan as well. The man from Portland May be correct about it musically, i dunno. For me, the tone just works. Late night stuff.

go birds
-go birds

Post by go birds »

Ska's definitely forgettable, but i'd be lying if i said i don't revisit No Doubt, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Sublime, and Rancid every now and then.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

thrill wrote:I listened to Release on repeat while walking my dog for like an hour after the US was dq'd from World Cup qualification. It was very therapeutic.
Hold on hold on hold on. Didn't I lose an argument to you and others in which I was forced to admit that every toddler in Seattle who ever mashed some keys on a piano was better than Pearl Jam?

lukethedrifter wrote:
Gashouse wrote:
Nirvana Unplugged- I may just ruin this for you. The guitar sounds terrible. Like the strings aren't held down hard enough.
Oddly enough, I listened to this again recently and was loving it. Was thinking about putting it in the other thread.
I’m a fan as well. The man from Portland May be correct about it musically, i dunno. For me, the tone just works. Late night stuff.
I try not to be snob. It's a great album, but for me it's now like hiking with a pebble in your boot. Really, I used to listen to it all the time, even as a bit of a hater.
Last edited by BottenFieldofDreams on August 8 19, 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

heyzeus wrote:Everyone who went through a 90s ska phase, raise your hands!
Ska Mania '98 (Christian ska, bay-beeee!) veteran right here. Fell on my head surfing the pit and had to go outside for some air. The trombone player from Five Iron Frenzy felt bad for me and let me check out their tour bus.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Ha. The benefits of being old. Second wave ska is definitely worth revisiting.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

thrill wrote:I listened to Release on repeat while walking my dog for like an hour after the US was dq'd from World Cup qualification. It was very therapeutic.
Hold on hold on hold on. Didn't I lose an argument to you and others in which I was forced to admit that every toddler in Seattle who ever mashed some keys on a piano was better than Pearl Jam?

lukethedrifter wrote:
Gashouse wrote:
I try not to be snob. It's a great album, but for me it's now like hiking with a pebble in your boot. Really, I used to listen to it all the time, even as a bit of a hater.
I get it.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Popeye_Card
GRB's most intelligent & humble poster

Post by Popeye_Card »

go birds wrote:Ska's definitely forgettable, but i'd be lying if i said i don't revisit No Doubt, Less Than Jake, Reel Big Fish, Sublime, and Rancid every now and then.
I mostly avoided strait ska for many years, until several months ago I started listening to Reel Big Fish again. And it was great.

Smith Corks One
All-Star

Post by Smith Corks One »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:
[expletive]in' asinine

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

Eric Clapton Unplugged.