Legalizing marijuana

Chat about non-baseball topics. No political discussions!

If marijuana was legalized, would you be more likely to use?

Yes
31%
No
47%
I already do
22%

Total votes: 68

Michael
GRB Founder

Re: Legalizing marijuana

Post by Michael »

#TeamVape

(and edibles)

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Post by BottenFieldofDreams »

$2 a gram. $1 for a pre-roll. Pretty crazy bubble right now here. Plenty of places I drive by have already closed, many of them opening again as a different dispensary. Lots of failure but even more people who want to live their weed peddling dreams, it seems.

As things open up city by city it's interesting to see the bum rush. Not even remotely sustainable to have 3 dispensaries in a half mile stretch of a very seasonal beach city, for instance.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote: $1 for a pre-roll.
Exqueese me? Hot damn.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

BottenFieldofDreams wrote:$2 a gram. $1 for a pre-roll. Pretty crazy bubble right now here. Plenty of places I drive by have already closed, many of them opening again as a different dispensary. Lots of failure but even more people who want to live their weed peddling dreams, it seems.

As things open up city by city it's interesting to see the bum rush. Not even remotely sustainable to have 3 dispensaries in a half mile stretch of a very seasonal beach city, for instance.
Do you think there will just be a couple of corporate or similar like survivors?

MO has a lot of interest. Tough business, because it is regulated requires a lot to abide above board, while competing with remaing black market (I presume)

.Article in Stl Business journal says there is a lot of interest, but regular lenders etc steering away - because laws aren't universal enough.

That leaves people with $$$ and expertise to launder their old profits. Not so easy to take a half million from the safe to convert to a legal weed business.
Why you get so many people willing to take over the failed - because they aren't smart, but it's their dream.

In my hometown, I saw this with its once overabundance of bars. One would close and some dummies would reopen. Repeat. Then after 3-4 times it's done.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

It will be interesting when the big money is ready to fully pounce. Whoever cashes in is going to face some serious 'sell-out' backlash. For weed in Portland, people might want to shop local too. I'd guess the big money starts on the shelves.

I'm not tapped in enough to know who the biggest players in Portland are, though I have some guesses. I like the idea of weed more than the use. I have similar coughing like an [expletive] issues to Freed, and frankly unless I'm also drinking it's never that moving. But I'd like it as a beer replacement to taking the edge off. Every few months I give it another try.
thrill wrote:
BottenFieldofDreams wrote: $1 for a pre-roll.
Exqueese me? Hot damn.
Limit 4. That place is literally on it's third iteration of dispensary. I've never been in.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

I’m probably going to skip the weed. Back when i could and did indulge i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone. Lots of moments like Louis CK talked about in his bit about getting high with younger fans— no mention of jerking off— and not being able to tell if he said something out loud.

But I’m curious when the craft, heirloom weed boom is going to happen.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

lukethedrifter wrote:.... i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone.

....not being able to tell if he said something out loud.
Both of these for me, with that gummy.
And the no hangover headache or gut slug and lethargy, like with booze? -well sure....but coming down felt like crap in a different way. Queasy and Ants in my pants, but had no desire to dance. Brain was busy but I was not communicative. It was tiring.

thrill
bronoun enthusiast

Post by thrill »

lukethedrifter wrote:I’m probably going to skip the weed. Back when i could and did indulge i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone.
In my experience, getting the "prescribed" guidance of a budtender (weedrista?) will get you something that works better for your brain. I used to have the same complaint with most dealer weed, but getting a pure indica will slow your brain right down, or a pure sativa will keep you in the pleasant warm glow zone without the paranoia/racing brain.

BottenFieldofDreams
Perennial All-Star

Kratom was a nice mix of loopiness/relaxation. But I took it on recommendation for neck pain, and then saw all the dubiousness surrounding it. I'll let the dust settle on that before going back to it, if I do.

*The internet is weird when news of things being bad, or possibly bad, breaks. The recoil is strong. For kratom or vaping or whatever. It's interesting. People get very defensive.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

thrill wrote:
lukethedrifter wrote:I’m probably going to skip the weed. Back when i could and did indulge i generally shot right through the pleasantly high zone into the I can’t get my brain to slow down zone.
In my experience, getting the "prescribed" guidance of a budtender (weedrista?) will get you something that works better for your brain. I used to have the same complaint with most dealer weed, but getting a pure indica will slow your brain right down, or a pure sativa will keep you in the pleasant warm glow zone without the paranoia/racing brain.
This is why I'm looking forward to legalized grass in Illinois. I get good stuff right now, but to be able to pick and choose the strains, with guidance, will be nice. I'll gladly pay the taxes to get what I want.