Former Cardinals Watch

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Former Cardinals Watch

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:The Mets DFA'd Ruben Tejada.
Doing 10 shots for every post on here for every transactional move involving Tony Cingrani from here on out

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Big Amoco Sign wrote:
InvincibleCakeEater wrote:The Mets DFA'd Ruben Tejada.
Doing 10 shots for every post on here for every transactional move involving Tony Cingrani from here on out
Crazy that he's a deep cut, when if not for injury he was going to be the starting SS for a team coming off 100 wins.

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Brewers released RHP Shelby Miller.

Miller has exercised the opt-out clause in his minor league deal with Milwaukee. The 28-year-old right-hander was sporting a 4.79 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, and 20/16 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings (five starts) at Triple-A San Antonio.
Aug 27, 2019, 4:44 PM ET

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

Hey Keith. What's up?

JoeMcKim
Perennial All-Star

Post by JoeMcKim »

Speaking of Keith, this always makes me laugh.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

stlouie_lipp wrote:They showed Chris Carpenter on the broadcast tonight. He has a flip phone. Of course he does.
It's his burner phone. That closet full of pain killers he accumulated from all those injuries aren't going to sell themselves.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Jocephus wrote:

Miller has exercised the opt-out clause in his minor league deal with Milwaukee. The 28-year-old right-hander was sporting a 4.79 ERA, 1.60 WHIP, and 20/16 K/BB ratio in 20 2/3 innings (five starts) at Triple-A San Antonio.
I'm sure he'll get a few more chances, but I was not expecting Shelby Miller to be out of baseball by about 2019.

CardsofSTL
All Hail the GDT Master

Post by CardsofSTL »

heyzeus wrote:
Jocephus wrote:

I'm sure he'll get a few more chances, but I was not expecting Shelby Miller to be out of baseball by about 2019.
He's still young enough that a team will give him a shot.

Radbird
There's someone in my head but it's not me

Post by Radbird »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Sandy Alcantara Sinks His Way to Success
by Jake Mailhot
September 13, 2019
https://blogs.fangraphs.com/sandy-alcan ... o-success/
There hasn’t been much to celebrate this year in Miami, but the Marlins starting rotation has been a source of a few positive developments. Caleb Smith and Pablo López started off the season strong but faded in the second half. Zac Gallen and Jordan Yamamoto both made their major league debuts, and while Gallen was shipped out at the trade deadline, Yamamoto has shown some promise as a 23-year-old rookie. But the most exciting progress has come from Sandy Alcantara.

On the surface, Alcantara’s stat line doesn’t look that impressive. His park and league adjusted FIP sits just seven percent above league average but that’s more due to some luck in keeping the ball in the ballpark. His 18% strikeout rate is one of the worst in the majors among qualified starters despite a fastball that sits in the mid-90s. The biggest question mark attached to him as a prospect was his command of his repertoire. In his 42 major league innings prior to this year, he ran a walk rate above 15%. He’s managed to drop that down to 10.7% this year, but that’s still one of the worst walk rates in the majors.