GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 7:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
 Post subject: Re: I'm Not Racist......
PostPosted: August 30 19, 11:48 am 
darjeeling sipping elite

Radbird wrote:
wart57 wrote:
GeddyWrox wrote:
My surprise is more that it's 2019 and there are 0 black governors.

That actually shocks me.

There should be one in Georgia right now.

Truth.

https://www.salon.com/2019/08/30/probe- ... ricts-and/

PostPosted: August 30 19, 11:58 am 
bronoun enthusiast

And Florida.

PostPosted: August 30 19, 12:05 pm 
just can't quit you.

That is [expletive] up.

PostPosted: September 18 19, 6:51 am 
gone fission

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/judge- ... ocid=ientp

Quote:
A judge in upstate New York was forced to resign after posting an image of a noose on his Facebook page with a caption claiming people must be punished in order to “MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN,” officials said Tuesday.

Kyle R. Canning, 29, who served as a justice for the Altona Town Court about 175 miles north of Albany, submitted his resignation in June after the New York State Commission on Judicial Conduct charged him about a month earlier with “conveying racial and/or political bias” on Facebook.

“IF WE WANT TO MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN WE WILL HAVE TO MAKE EVIL PEOPLE FEAR PUNISHMENT AGAIN,” the post in question stated, echoing President Donald Trump’s 2016 campaign slogan.

PostPosted: October 8 19, 3:51 pm 
99% conan clips

Quote:
Safety Jonathan Sutherland received a letter from a Penn State alum that was critical of his appearance and said his "shoulder length dreadlocks look disgusting."

Quote:
In the letter, written by Johnstown, Pennsylvania, resident Dave Petersen, Sutherland's hair, appearance and demeanor are criticized. Petersen said in the letter that he and his wife "...miss the clean cut young men and women from those days. Watching the Idaho game on TV we couldn't help but notice your -- well -- awful hair. Surely there must be mirrors in the locker room! Don't you have parents or [a] girlfriend who've told you those shoulder length dreadlocks look disgusting and are certainly not attractive."

Quote:
The Tribune-Democrat, a newspaper in Johnstown, spoke with Petersen about the letter and how it has spread far and wide on the internet. Petersen said he did not intend for the letter to have a racist message.

"Was not the intent at all," Petersen told the Tribune-Democrat. "I would just like to see the coaches get the guys cleaned up and not looking like Florida State and Miami guys."

Petersen added that his letter "wasn't threatening or anything. I was just disgruntled about some of the hairdos that we're seeing. You think of Penn State as a bunch of clean-cut guys. And you do see so many who are clean cut. But the tattoos and the hair -- there are a lot of guys with hair coming down their backs and it just looks awful. And it's the same for the NFL and NBA, too."

https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... dreadlocks

PostPosted: October 9 19, 9:15 am 
Replies Authoritatively

Jocephus wrote:
Petersen added that his letter "wasn't threatening or anything. I was just disgruntled about some of the hairdos that we're seeing. You think of Penn State as a bunch of clean-cut guys(1). And you do see so many who are clean cut. But the tattoos and the hair -- there are a lot of guys with hair coming down their backs and it just looks awful. And it's the same for the NFL and NBA, too(2)."

(1)You know why it's not what I think of when I think of Penn State? Because I can't couldn't pick from a lineup one person who has played hand-egg at Penn State in the last 20 years, but I have an extraordinarily uncomfortable amount of information between my ears about Jerry Sandusky. If we asked 10000000 Americans "What do you think of when you think of Penn State football" I think this fella would be shocked to learn that more people bring up sexual predators than whatever year they last went to the Rose Bowl. That Sandusky guy though, who I believe went to school with this guy?, does have a nice clean cut hairstyle so there's that.

(2) Curious why he would call out the NBA and not MLB. If we had a contest. You write down recent NBA players with long hair and I write down recent MLB players notable for long hair and we agree that each one is worth a meaningful amount of money, you playing that game? What could be the diff between
Group A--Thor, de Grom, Gio, Greinke, Motter, Bryan Anderson, Werth, Rasmus, Justin Turner, Buchholz
Group B--Joakim Noah, Montezl Harrell, Derrick Rose, DeAndre Jordan

It can't be racism, because he told us from the beginning of the quote he is totally not racist.

PostPosted: October 9 19, 12:08 pm 
just can't quit you.

33anda3rd wrote:
Jocephus wrote:
Petersen added that his letter "wasn't threatening or anything. I was just disgruntled about some of the hairdos that we're seeing. You think of Penn State as a bunch of clean-cut guys(1). And you do see so many who are clean cut. But the tattoos and the hair -- there are a lot of guys with hair coming down their backs and it just looks awful. And it's the same for the NFL and NBA, too(2)."

(1)You know why it's not what I think of when I think of Penn State? Because I can't couldn't pick from a lineup one person who has played hand-egg at Penn State in the last 20 years, but I have an extraordinarily uncomfortable amount of information between my ears about Jerry Sandusky. If we asked 10000000 Americans "What do you think of when you think of Penn State football" I think this fella would be shocked to learn that more people bring up sexual predators than whatever year they last went to the Rose Bowl. That Sandusky guy though, who I believe went to school with this guy?, does have a nice clean cut hairstyle so there's that.

(2) Curious why he would call out the NBA and not MLB. If we had a contest. You write down recent NBA players with long hair and I write down recent MLB players notable for long hair and we agree that each one is worth a meaningful amount of money, you playing that game? What could be the diff between
Group A--Thor, de Grom, Gio, Greinke, Motter, Bryan Anderson, Werth, Rasmus, Justin Turner, Buchholz
Group B--Joakim Noah, Montezl Harrell, Derrick Rose, DeAndre Jordan

It can't be racism, because he told us from the beginning of the quote he is totally not racist.

I wonder witch of these pictures would trigger this guy...

Spoiler: show

Spoiler: show

PostPosted: October 20 19, 3:56 pm 
Hall Of Famer

There's a new sign commemorating the murder of Emmet Till in 1955. The previous signs have been vandalized, most recently this past summer by a couple of good old boys from an Ole Miss fraternity.

This sign is bullet proof. And it has surveillance cameras.

Quote:
“This is not just driving down the highway and you see a sign and shoot it,” said Patrick Weems, director of the Emmett Till Memorial Commission. “It’s a very remote site that you’re not just regularly passing by. … Unfortunately, we have people who go all the way out of the way to vandalize it.”

Maybe this belongs in the "State of Human Existence" thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... lletproof/

PostPosted: October 20 19, 8:35 pm 
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

greenback44 wrote:
There's a new sign commemorating the murder of Emmet Till in 1955. The previous signs have been vandalized, most recently this past summer by a couple of good old boys from an Ole Miss fraternity.

This sign is bullet proof. And it has surveillance cameras.

Quote:
“This is not just driving down the highway and you see a sign and shoot it,” said Patrick Weems, director of the Emmett Till Memorial Commission. “It’s a very remote site that you’re not just regularly passing by. … Unfortunately, we have people who go all the way out of the way to vandalize it.”

Maybe this belongs in the "State of Human Existence" thread.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/ ... lletproof/

All GOP Trump supporters.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 239 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24