What is the disconnect between Cards management and Fans?

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Re: What is the disconnect between Cards management and Fans

Post by lukethedrifter »

Freed Roger wrote:
Spider John wrote:I'm afraid that as long as 3.4 million file in every year there is no disconnect between Cards management and fans.
Yep. GRB consensus does not equal fans
What does there analytics team say about 2.7 mil? Time to get better?

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

Ryan: What NL Central team will be the best from 2020-2024?

Dan Szymborski: I think Cardinals are the safest bet simply becuase the Cardinals have this permanent 84-90 win tier.
UofIx3: Should the Cardinals worry about turning into the San Francisco Giants? St. Louis’ farm system seems to be slowing down and they’ve sure are paying for a lot of decline years in their recent long-term contracts to older players.

Craig Edwards: Is the farm system slowing down? I know it isn’t as highly ranked as it once was but it has two position players among the top 50 in the game for the first time in a decade. Flaherty should be a fixture in the rotation, in the last few years, they’ve gotten an All-Star in DeJong plus production out of Bader and potentially O’Neill. They already have their catcher of the future in Knizner to the point they traded Kelly away. The extensions have locked up a few positions in the near term, but the only long term deal is Goldschmidt’s. They have the resources, good young players now and a few in the system to build around without much committed in salary down the line as the money from Molina, Fowler, Carpenter, and a parade of relievers come off the books.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

Without doing any research, it feels like the Cardinals started their turnaround right around the time of this thread, so let's all thank Theo for his contribution to the team.

greenback44
Hall Of Famer

Post by greenback44 »

heyzeus wrote:Without doing any research, it feels like the Cardinals started their turnaround right around the time of this thread, so let's all thank Theo for his contribution to the team.
I get no [expletive] respect. dmarx won't even bump my dumb thread. Note to kids trying this at home: Reverse jinxes only work if you truly have entered the bleak pit of negative expectations. The baseball gods know what is in your heart.

In retrospect it looks like the key to the Cardinals season was somehow going .500 in June, despite only scoring 92 runs in 26 games. May and June were two months of dog butt ugly baseball.