Random Baseball Musings

Discuss all things Cardinals Baseball
Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Re: Random Baseball Musings

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Dombrowski sets their payroll at 200m before they even get to make a move this offseason. Pretty much the reason why he was fired. He didn't "manage the hedge-fund" properly.

Cora could be gone. Hope Cardinals consider poaching someone on their staff as I think it's very good.

Big Amoco Sign
Master of Hyperbole

Post by Big Amoco Sign »

Cubs promote their top prospect Nico Hoerner (lower rated than Carlson and Gorman). Jumps from AA to MLB because of Baez and Russell both being hurt.

Big black hole at SS for Baby Bears. He wasn't that good in AA.

InvincibleCakeEater
GRB's obsessive compulsive baseball poster

Post by InvincibleCakeEater »

The Mariners went 1-16 against the Astros this year.

InvincibleCakeEater

Almost like creating a culture of headhunting ass holes is bad.

InvincibleCakeEater

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

InvincibleCakeEater wrote:Almost like creating a culture of headhunting ass holes is bad.

I think Bob's speaking euphemistically here.

Freed Roger
Seeking a Zubaz seamstress

Post by Freed Roger »

It just does not feel like September baseball to me. Not sure what it is- the summer weather still blazing, paying attention to the Blues so long while tuning out the Cards. This isn't necessarily bad

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

Jocephus
99% conan clips

Post by Jocephus »

A superteam showdown? A historic rematch? The World Series matchups we want to see
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/276 ... s-want-see
Twins versus Cardinals: Jack Flaherty facing that Twins lineup? Thank you very much. This could be one of those classic Cardinals World Series seasons. They won at least 100 games in 2004, 2005 and 2015 and won 97 in 2013 (tied for most in the majors) and didn't win the World Series any of those years. They had 90 wins in 2011 and 83 in 2006 and won it both of those seasons.
Indians versus Cardinals: Frankly, I love any matchup between two of the original 16 franchises. It would be a miracle for the Tribe to get here: They have to get to the wild-card game, then they have to win that, then they would have to beat the Astros or Yankees in the division series, then probably the Astros or Yankees in the American League Championship Series, then they'd have to beat the Cardinals in the World Series. That would be some story.
Yankees versus Cardinals: This is either the "Love Them" or the "You're Sick of Them" series. On the positive side, we have two tradition-rich franchises with passionate fan bases, classic uniforms and likable teams. That's right, the Yankees are likable in 2019. I mean, just look at the surprising production from players such as Gio Urshela and DJ LeMahieu. And did I mention that Brett Gardner has career highs in home runs and slugging percentage, and New York is going to hit 300 home runs even though Giancarlo Stanton and Aaron Judge have combined for just 24 and some guy named Mike Ford has 11 home runs in 129 at-bats and ... *&%@)($! Yankees.

sighyoung
Mayor of GRB

Post by sighyoung »

I'd forgotten all about Jordan Zimmermann. He's been spectacularly awful this year for the Tigers.