GatewayRedbirds.com

A Message Board Dedicated to Discussing St. Louis Cardinals Baseball!
It is currently October 22 19, 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

What are your thoughts on Adam Wainwright after this season?
Hats off to a great career 15%  15%  [ 5 ]
Re-sign him to a similar one year deal 70%  70%  [ 23 ]
Bring him back as a long man/reliever 9%  9%  [ 3 ]
Time for him to retire 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Wainwright would be a great addition to FSMW 3%  3%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 33
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 9 19, 2:09 pm 
Offline
Master of Hyperbole
User avatar

Joined: December 1 17, 11:05 am
Posts: 6631
Fat Strat wrote:
Part of the AW returning equation is what they do with the rest of the roster. You/they can justify bringing AW back for the fifth spot, letting Ozuna walk because of O’Neill/Bader/Carlson/Fowler/Arozarena

Threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about next year's Ozuna-less OF. Carlson included.

The team has to "go big or go home" on corner OF power or a decent rotation guy.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 9 19, 2:26 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star

Joined: November 6 10, 10:58 am
Posts: 7741
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Part of the AW returning equation is what they do with the rest of the roster. You/they can justify bringing AW back for the fifth spot, letting Ozuna walk because of O’Neill/Bader/Carlson/Fowler/Arozarena

Threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about next year's Ozuna-less OF. Carlson included.

The team has to "go big or go home" on corner OF power or a decent rotation guy.


I'd argue they need both

cubs have a bunch of money coming off the books this offseason IIRC


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 9 19, 2:35 pm 
Offline
Perennial All-Star
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 11:04 pm
Posts: 7460
Location: Central AR
cardsfantx wrote:
Big Amoco Sign wrote:
Fat Strat wrote:
Part of the AW returning equation is what they do with the rest of the roster. You/they can justify bringing AW back for the fifth spot, letting Ozuna walk because of O’Neill/Bader/Carlson/Fowler/Arozarena

Threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about next year's Ozuna-less OF. Carlson included.

The team has to "go big or go home" on corner OF power or a decent rotation guy.


I'd argue they need both

cubs have a bunch of money coming off the books this offseason IIRC


Between 45-90 million, depending on how they handle their options (and arbitration).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 9 19, 5:15 pm 
Offline
Hall Of Famer
User avatar

Joined: June 14 06, 10:17 pm
Posts: 14291
Location: imprisoned in enemy Dodger territory of SoCal
I'd only be fine with Waino as a 5th starter, if we had a strong reliable top 4.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 10 19, 8:13 am 
Offline
likes to grate his own cheese
User avatar

Joined: May 9 06, 12:41 pm
Posts: 11455
Location: Drunk
I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 10 19, 8:27 am 
Offline
Everyday Player

Joined: October 11 15, 3:55 pm
Posts: 267
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.

Odorizzi


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 10 19, 8:35 am 
Offline
tl;dr

Joined: May 21 09, 12:41 pm
Posts: 4594
Gypsy Lou wrote:
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.

Odorizzi


I've never heard this from Odorizzi personally so maybe it isn't true or has changed but I know a couple of people who grew up with him and according to them he will not sign with the Cardinals. It's nothing against the team as much as not wanting to play at home with all of the extra pressures that come with that.

Any time you play in your home town people come out of the woodwork acting like they were your best friend for those two weeks back in third grade and asking for tickets, wanting to hang out and all the garbage that goes along with people wanting to latch on to a 'celebrity' for whatever reason. I think most players who play at home end up paying a family member or somebody to control access to them. I don't blame other players who don't want to deal with it at all.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 18 19, 7:49 pm 
Offline
-go birds
User avatar

Joined: February 5 10, 9:54 am
Posts: 30200


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Uncle Charlie
PostPosted: September 18 19, 8:45 pm 
Offline
MacGyver of Underwear
User avatar

Joined: April 18 06, 7:53 am
Posts: 12492
Location: South City
Fat_Bulldog wrote:
I'd like to see them sign Ozuna and go for a big name starter. I think the team would be in good shape.

++


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 39 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group