Josh Hancock lost in car crash, Game cancelled.

Classic threads for your viewing pleasure.
number9
Veteran Player

Post by number9 »

Not sure if this has already been posted, a short interview with Josh:

http://www.ksdk.com/video/player.aspx?aid=49859&bw=

ZigZagCardsFan
Perennial All-Star

Post by ZigZagCardsFan »

Good little interview. I don't know if I've ever seen Hancock interviewed before this. He seemed like a light-hearted, likeable guy.

ToughGuy_BlueShirt
Perennial All-Star

Post by ToughGuy_BlueShirt »

I wish someone could find this. I remember last year FSN did a piece with Hancock and (IIRC) Rusty Wallace. He's a Cards fan and Hancock loved racecars. I wanna say it was right before the playoffs or something like that. Hancock looked so happy, he got to hang out with one of his heroes and race some go-carts. I'm glad he got to do that.

If anyone can find this, it would be much appreciated.

Dillagii
Perennial All-Star

Post by Dillagii »

omaha_red wrote:does anyone have a video link to the looper and pinella press conference?
Here you go, Omaha

omaha_red
Hall Of Famer

Post by omaha_red »

DiLLaGii wrote:
omaha_red wrote:does anyone have a video link to the looper and pinella press conference?
Here you go, Omaha
thanks dill..
for the second time in my life i don't hate the cubs so bad..

businessmansspecial
Perennial All-Star

Post by businessmansspecial »

The pic on the home page hasn't been working today. Is that easy to fix?

JohnnyJay
Perennial All-Star

Post by JohnnyJay »

GatewaySnayke wrote:I've made it known that I do not like Brian McKenna from KFNS. But this morning was the best I've ever heard McKenna. And he pointed out something I had completely forgotten. When the Cardinals held their World Series DVD showing, Hancock was the only Cardinal to show up, presumably because he enjoyed being with the fans and living as a Cardinal.
I remember that. Pretty cool.

I always wondered why he was the only one that showed up for that.

heyzeus
Everday Unicorn

Post by heyzeus »

JohnnyJay wrote:
GatewaySnayke wrote:I've made it known that I do not like Brian McKenna from KFNS. But this morning was the best I've ever heard McKenna. And he pointed out something I had completely forgotten. When the Cardinals held their World Series DVD showing, Hancock was the only Cardinal to show up, presumably because he enjoyed being with the fans and living as a Cardinal.
I remember that. Pretty cool.

I always wondered why he was the only one that showed up for that.
I feel that Hancock appreciated the experience of being a big leaguer and being a Cardinal a little more than most; after the Reds cut him in spring training, the Cardinals not only gave him a chance, and then a roster spot, but also leaned on him all season. He pitched in over a third (66) of our games last year, the most he ever had in a season. He was grateful to be on this team. I don't think he was just cashing a paycheck til the next free agency contract; I think he was glad to be a Cardinal.

indyredbird
All-Star

Post by indyredbird »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
heyzeus wrote:I wonder how the management, coaching staff Jimmy, Izzy, and Albert feel right now, having to revisit the pain of losing a teammate.

Are there any other current Cards that were on the 2002 team when we lost Kile?
Taguchi, maybe. He only played 19 games in 2002. Don't remember if he was with the team then or not.
Pretty amazing how a roster turns over so quickly. Also think the only starters left from th 04 WS team are Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds.

ndistops
All-Star

Post by ndistops »

MrCrowesGarden wrote:
heyzeus wrote:I wonder how the management, coaching staff Jimmy, Izzy, and Albert feel right now, having to revisit the pain of losing a teammate.

Are there any other current Cards that were on the 2002 team when we lost Kile?
Taguchi, maybe. He only played 19 games in 2002. Don't remember if he was with the team then or not.
Pujols and Edmonds were definitely STL-ers in 2002.