I'm paying you money, so do what I say

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
haltz
Hall Of Famer

I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by haltz »

I just got a haircut, and I sat in a new chair today.

"Just a trim, just clean it up a little."
"OK, how long has it been since your last cut?"
"About two months. I'm kind of letting it grow out I guess."

Apparently that's code for, "guess how long it was back then and then cut it shorter".

I've got my back to the mirror, but I hear a whole lot of scissor action action going on. Before I know it, I look like it's my first day of boot camp. Now, that's fine, I'm a guy. I don't mind having short hair, but it's not what I had in mind. And it's not what I told him to do.

So now there's no way that I'll become the third member of Flight of the Conchords, and it's become apparent that my hairline has receded ever so slightly ... and I still can't grow sideburns.

All of these things are depressing. This pales in comparison, however, to how mad it makes me when people that I'm paying to do something decide that they know better. I understand suggestive selling. I'm the guy that will subtly try and get you to buy that bottle of wine that costs twice as much, because it just matches your entrée so well. But let's just talk about first, huh?

Arthur Dent
Hall Of Famer

Re: I'm paying you money, so do what I say

Post by Arthur Dent »

I think I need to start giving better instructions to the barber. "I don't know. A little shorter I guess," isn't cutting it.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

Arthur Dent wrote:I think I need to start giving better instructions to the barber. "I don't know. A little shorter I guess," isn't cutting it.
No, the barber is....

Michael
GRB Founder

Post by Michael »

I had the same thing happen yesterday. When I saw Colleen she said "How's it going Sgt. Michael?".

:?

Swatcat27
All-Star

Post by Swatcat27 »

I go sit down & hand my order. Clippers #3, keep side burns, scissors 1/2 inch at the back & side. Exit.

lukethedrifter
darjeeling sipping elite

Post by lukethedrifter »

Michael wrote:I had the same thing happen yesterday. When I saw Colleen she said "How's it going Sgt. Michael?".

:?
Guess that's better than Pvt. Michael.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

I use the clippers - #2 and blend in the top. Apparently that must be easy for them, because I get the same haircut everytime.

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

I would think all those places are pretty equal.

G. Keenan
Sucking on the Rally Nipple

Post by G. Keenan »

docellis wrote:My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

Pretty much any place with "clips" or "cuts" in the name is going to suck.

jim
Red Lobster for the seafood lover in you

Post by jim »

G. Keenan wrote:
docellis wrote:My bf got his hair cut yesterday and I couldn't tell whatsoever. He swears it is because Great Clips is the worst place to get a hair cut. Supercuts is far superior he says.

Pretty much any place with "clips" or "cuts" in the name is going to suck.
For me, they do a better job that other places. I used to go to the Main Street Barber here in town and he was terrible. The clips and cuts places just put that gizmo on and run it through my hair and it turns out the same everytime.