Boxing

A forum for non-baseball sports
PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Post by PHILLYCARD »

kscardfan wrote:I sure wish they had just one Organziation, and were forced to fight on a regular basis. Boxing seems to be lacking that Hvywgt star power.
Who cares about the Heavyweight divison when you got the Welterweights such as Miguel Cotto and Pretty boy Floyd. Thats a great divison with alot of talent...

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

I agree- Cotto is the man.
You have Gatti vs. Baldimir in a couple weeks.
Could you imagine how entertaining it will be when Cotto, Floyd, Margarito, and Mosely all throw down w/ one another.
Too bad Ricky Hatton is moving down.

PHILLYCARD
Veteran Player

Post by PHILLYCARD »

robbotis wrote:I agree- Cotto is the man.
You have Gatti vs. Baldimir in a couple weeks.
Could you imagine how entertaining it will be when Cotto, Floyd, Margarito, and Mosely all throw down w/ one another.
Too bad Ricky Hatton is moving down.
I love watching Cotto. I would love to see Mayweather -Cotto but because they are both run by Top Rank promotions it might not happen. Hatton is another one I wanna see Cotto fight. Gatti/ Baldimer looks like a good fight. Would kill to see the Golden Boy fight the Pretty boy next May. Check out these two sites I use robbotis they may intrest you...

http://www.boxingtimes.com/

http://www.boxrec.com/index.php

robbotis
Perennial All-Star

Post by robbotis »

Nice- that Boxrec site is sweet.
I usually hit up Dan Rafeal over at ESPN. He seems on top of the info and has a chat every Friday afternoon.
But now I'll keep up w/ Box re too. Thanks man.
Word is Mosley is gonna fight Mayweather, but I'm w/ you saying De La Hoya would be the better fight.

stlouie_lipp
Hallelujah Brother

Post by stlouie_lipp »

The heavyweight divison is dead to me. I watch almost every PPV fight, but I will not order a PPV heavyweight fight.

I_Bleed_Red
All-Star

Post by I_Bleed_Red »

All I have to say is

MMA

vnmn23
Veteran Player

Post by vnmn23 »

I_Bleed_Red wrote:All I have to say is

MMA
:?:

Money market account?

I_Bleed_Red
All-Star

Post by I_Bleed_Red »

vnmn23 wrote:
I_Bleed_Red wrote:All I have to say is

MMA
:?:

Money market account?
Mixed Martial Arts (UFC, Cage Rage, Superbrawl, Pride, Rings, Pancrase, etc.) Fighters like Rich Franklin, Tito Oritz, Cro Cop, Chuck Lidell, etc.

MMA has putting boxing in a back seat

TimeForGuinness
Hall Of Famer

Post by TimeForGuinness »

Gotti vs. Ward fights were the best fights that I've seen in the last 10 years.

vnmn23
Veteran Player

Evander given a license in Texas

Post by vnmn23 »

Link

DALLAS — Evander Holyfield is 43. He hasn't fought in nearly two years, hasn't won in more than four, and hasn't been the heavyweight champ in six years.

So?

Here's the timeline he considers more relevant: His contract to box for Don King expired about two weeks ago, he was licensed to box in Texas last week and, on Thursday, he announced the start of his latest comeback bid, an Aug. 18 fight against journeyman Jeremy Bates.

It is really sad to see boxers do this to themselves, but someone in the commission needs to say NO! There is NO WAY Evander should ever be allowed in the ring again.