People who stand way back in the queue

The forum for ranting, raving, complaining and praising
Hungary Jack
Mother Earth

Re: People who stand way back in the queue

Post by Hungary Jack »

Meh. Gap-nappers don't bother me. It is the knuckleheads who stand in your back pocket and break on your neck while bumping the back of your calf with their Marschetti briefcases that tempt me to take a small step back and put my 220 pounds on their big toe.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

ghostrunner wrote:I got coffee this morning, and I was third in line. Here's a diagram of the line.

Counter
:cool: <----customer 1

:whistle: <-----customer 2

:x <-------me

Note the appropriate personal space between me and #2. Note the gaping chasm between #2 and #1. It's a narrow store and I'm as far back as you can go, and there are shelves with product behind me. So the next customer that came in had to line up along the shelves where people should be able to browse or walk to the bathroom.

I don't know how you broach this topic with #2 politely. I should have just cut in front of her.
I think this is form of OCD that almost everyone has. A gap in a line touches some nerve even though it sometimes doesn't save you time if they move up. I always feel that way in a drive-thru.

"Pull the f*** up lady"

tscards
Veteran Player

Post by tscards »

Sutter'sBeard wrote:
ghostrunner wrote:I got coffee this morning, and I was third in line. Here's a diagram of the line.

Counter

Note the appropriate personal space between me and #2. Note the gaping chasm between #2 and #1. It's a narrow store and I'm as far back as you can go, and there are shelves with product behind me. So the next customer that came in had to line up along the shelves where people should be able to browse or walk to the bathroom.

I don't know how you broach this topic with #2 politely. I should have just cut in front of her.
I think this is form of OCD that almost everyone has. A gap in a line touches some nerve even though it sometimes doesn't save you time if they move up. I always feel that way in a drive-thru.

"Pull the f*** up lady"
Is it some sort of innate fear that the gap will be filled in by a line...er queue jumper? Then do you have to confront someone? That's part of what bothers me about the large gaps.

Sutter'sBeard
is the oscar meyer weiner kid

Post by Sutter'sBeard »

tscards wrote:
Sutter'sBeard wrote:

Counter

"Pull the f*** up lady"
Is it some sort of innate fear that the gap will be filled in by a line...er queue jumper? Then do you have to confront someone? That's part of what bothers me about the large gaps.
You said "large gaps"

Faceman
Perennial All-Star

Post by Faceman »

Popeye_Card wrote:I'd rather they leave too much space than not enough.

I was at the grocery store last weekend. Wasn't overly busy, so free space wasn't an issue. The lady behind me in line would leave less than an inch behind my ass and her cart. So I'd move forward a bit to give me some room to move, she'd get that cart right on my ass again. She actually hit me a couple of times. I turned around and gave her a look. She just looked at me. [expletive].
I thought I was going to get cornholed last week at the airport. Lazy Wed evening, no line at security. I am like 3rd in line when I get there. Then, a guy (who I saw looking impatient at check-in) is right behind me. And kinda to the side also - like he has to see what's happening in front of me. I of course am giving good space to the guy in front of me, who is having ID and boarding pass checked out. That guy is clear, he walks to start putting cell phone, belt, shoes etc in the tub and go through. I, like I do in every line, wait for the person to have me come foreward (I just can't stand the guy who just walks up before the checker is ready). The guy is now breathing down my neck.

So the attendant / guard asks me to come forward, and I swear this guy moves directly with me. Standing to the side. The guard looks at him and says "step back behind the line, please" - right to him. He turns around and looks over his shoulder as if "who, me?" The guard asks again, and the fool gives the "ok, whatever mr. big bad security guy" look. The guard then followed up with a "that way this gentleman doesn't thing you are getting him from behind" comment.

I almost fell over. You go security attendant guy. I love you.

tscards
Veteran Player

Post by tscards »

Faceman wrote:
Popeye_Card wrote:I'd rather they leave too much space than not enough.

I was at the grocery store last weekend. Wasn't overly busy, so free space wasn't an issue. The lady behind me in line would leave less than an inch behind my ass and her cart. So I'd move forward a bit to give me some room to move, she'd get that cart right on my ass again. She actually hit me a couple of times. I turned around and gave her a look. She just looked at me. [expletive].
I thought I was going to get cornholed last week at the airport. Lazy Wed evening, no line at security. I am like 3rd in line when I get there. Then, a guy (who I saw looking impatient at check-in) is right behind me. And kinda to the side also - like he has to see what's happening in front of me. I of course am giving good space to the guy in front of me, who is having ID and boarding pass checked out. That guy is clear, he walks to start putting cell phone, belt, shoes etc in the tub and go through. I, like I do in every line, wait for the person to have me come foreward (I just can't stand the guy who just walks up before the checker is ready). The guy is now breathing down my neck.

So the attendant / guard asks me to come forward, and I swear this guy moves directly with me. Standing to the side. The guard looks at him and says "step back behind the line, please" - right to him. He turns around and looks over his shoulder as if "who, me?" The guard asks again, and the fool gives the "ok, whatever mr. big bad security guy" look. The guard then followed up with a "that way this gentleman doesn't thing you are getting him from behind" comment.

I almost fell over. You go security attendant guy. I love you.
That's just awesome!!!!

docellis
America's Most Beloved Twitter Joke Thief

Post by docellis »

Tonight a lady got in line behind me despite the fact that the check out girl turned off her light. The check out girl said "I am closed" and the lady said "I got in line before you turned your light" (even though she didn't). Then she was on my ass, gave me no personal space whatsoever, and then, to top off my unpleasant experience, when I signed the little screen for my purchase (which I usually do with flowers and stars and rainbows, just for my own amusement) she leaned over my shoulder (SHE WAS AGAINST ME PRACTICALLY) and said, "My, that was creative!"

tothebeach08
All-Star

Post by tothebeach08 »

docellis wrote:Tonight a lady got in line behind me despite the fact that the check out girl turned off her light. The check out girl said "I am closed" and the lady said "I got in line before you turned your light" (even though she didn't). Then she was on my ass, gave me no personal space whatsoever, and then, to top off my unpleasant experience, when I signed the little screen for my purchase (which I usually do with flowers and stars and rainbows, just for my own amusement) she leaned over my shoulder (SHE WAS AGAINST ME PRACTICALLY) and said, "My, that was creative!"
You should have farted. :wink:

Gashouse
Perennial All-Star

Post by Gashouse »

Jocephus wrote:its the same thing with driving for me...i realize that these are massive vehicles that can do a lot of damage adn some space is required, however ive seen people leave like 1 car and half space between them and the driver infront at a stoplight...the crux of the problem for me is when i need to get in the left lane, but this a$$ has essentially taken up so much space that i can't get into the left lane to turn, thus missing the left turn signal thus having to wait on a green light...
I hate this.

wart57
just can't quit you.

Post by wart57 »

tothebeach08 wrote:
docellis wrote:Tonight a lady got in line behind me despite the fact that the check out girl turned off her light. The check out girl said "I am closed" and the lady said "I got in line before you turned your light" (even though she didn't). Then she was on my ass, gave me no personal space whatsoever, and then, to top off my unpleasant experience, when I signed the little screen for my purchase (which I usually do with flowers and stars and rainbows, just for my own amusement) she leaned over my shoulder (SHE WAS AGAINST ME PRACTICALLY) and said, "My, that was creative!"
You should have farted. :wink:
That is what I would have done.....oops, I just did.